Ukulele flash mob at the Northern California Ukulele Festival

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, sort of. My Monday evening ukulele class performed (as the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band) onstage at the Northern California Ukulele Festival on April 1. Afterward, my instructor held a workshop in the plaza next to the performance center, and we played a few Hawaiian meles. Someone recorded it. Here's a video of us playing Ka Ua 'Ula (The Red Rain). I'm in there somewhere.

you guys sound wonderful Mark...I was trying to identify you by looking for a MM headstock...alas couldn't see one. It's not you standing up with the 'mauve' coloured cap on at about 35" is it, and the sunnies??? he he :cool:

you guys sound wonderful Mark...I was trying to identify you by looking for a MM headstock...alas couldn't see one. It's not you standing up with the 'mauve' coloured cap on at about 35" is it, and the sunnies??? he he :cool:

Hey Jon,
I didn't have the MM with me. What with all the Hawaiian music and the Kamaka sponsorship, I brought my Kamaka with me instead. I'm wearing the bulky black jacket and black baseball cap and sitting to the blond woman's left at about 0:43. My ukulele instructor likes to hold a workshop (three songs around a theme) each year at this festival. It allows us to play in public and generates interest in his classes. The theme of this workshop was "Maui," and the song is about an area on Maui near Waikaloa where the rain is red sometimes.

Wow Mark that was really cool....never new uke club was that big...you guys sound great...thank you for sharing

Top Bottom