Koaloha announces new price...yes it's and increase

MGM

Reaction score
Just walked out of Koaloha and was handed a new price list for this year
Sopranos 600
Concerts 840
Tenor 1050

More details later. Driving to work and this is illegal use of iPad. Lol

wow i feel like i should buy one off of your site before the price mark-up... i am between deciding between the KoAloha Tenor KTM and the Koaloha Thin Body Tenor.... ugh!!!! :D

Well, there goes the whole belief that KoAloha would be the bargain of the K's.

It's still cheaper than the others, so…

Ditto. I think it is still the best bargain, just a little less so now.

So, yep, glad I got mine already.

Last edited:
Whew! My Concert should arrive Monday at the former price.
I bought mine from Scott at Cymbalism. He deals straight from the factory and has 5% off all KoAlohas. The grand total was $670 or so. Highly recommend him along with several other dealers here.

old pricing is still on their website.

soprano - 550
concert - 780
tenor - 1000

Whew! My Concert should arrive Monday at the former price.
I bought mine from Scott at Cymbalism. He deals straight from the factory and has 5% off all KoAlohas. The grand total was $670 or so. Highly recommend him along with several other dealers here.

Sounds like you got a great deal

Just walked out of Koaloha and was handed a new price list for this year
Sopranos 600
Concerts 840
Tenor 1050

More details later. Driving to work and this is illegal use of iPad. Lol

Didn't Kamaka and Kanile'a also have price increases this year ?

Didn't Kamaka and Kanile'a also have price increases this year ?
yeah Doc, they did, and it was a much bigger increase than what we're looking at here. So a Kamaka is basically a couple of hundred dollars more for each scale...that's a relatively large price differential when one considers that maybe 50% of the UU community prefers the KoAloha sound anyway.

My sources tell me that you can all expect major price increases on Chinese-made ukes in the not-so-distant future. Some importers are looking seriously at US mainland manufacturing to replace the mid and higher end of the import models. One company told me that they saw three years of 5% yearly increases...until this year when it went to 15%. That's about 30% over four years. Why? Well, the Chinese workers want a bigger piece of the pie...they have cars in the factory parking lots now...and transportation isn't getting any cheaper either.

Wow Mike...it had to come as Kanilea and Kamaka have done so already....I hope I can get my uke as they quoted me...

I was looking at the long neck pineapple (KSM-03). Does that fall under the soprano increase, concert increase, or none of the above?

I am not shocked they went up in price. It's hard to find them in stock, so demand is high. That gets balanced by raising prices, yeah?

Jim

We still have a bunch of KoAloha in stock at the current price- grab em while ya can! I think we are receiving more next week sometime- so most likely at that time the price will go up. :)

Noooooooooooooooo! I'm not even halfway in saving for my Koaloha. This puts me back a bit, but I guess 8 months from now or 10 months from now doesn't make much of a difference. BTW- I was also looking at the very beautiful and awesome Longneck Pineapple, and it's basically in the middle of the price range between Soprano and Concert, so it'll probaby be in the 700 dollar range...

Never thought I would see the day when I could make a standard soprano or concert koa uke for less than the K brand ukes. I could charge more but they are not that hard to make, go together fairly fast and frankly I don't think they are worth the extra dollars. I guess i don't have the overhead those small factories have so I have no plans to raise my prices anytime soon.

Top Bottom