Sopranino/Pocket uke from China on ebay: Anyone familiar with this seller/luthier?

I'm not but the headstock on the soprano next to it looks like it is the same as a Bad Aax. I like my Bad Aax so if it is the same company it should be an ok uke.

I no can find info for this one company. They get plenty company just use the one manufacturer, I think that's what it is. I wen find some picture from dis Chinese website (like the Chinese-kine ebay)

TUS-200B
TUS-200B
TUC-300TN - dis one gets video.

they look alright, the video sounds bad, but! I cannot find that one model, the 100.

I wen try reply to this one earlier but the post needed come approved, and I guess they said "no". Anyways, try search "尤克里里 tom" at taobao (dot) com, it's one site like one Chinese eBay. They get plenny (not that one model) but you can get pictures and video. And then just use the google translate.

I have one

I just got one! For 68$ CAN with shipping included and no import duties, it is a good deal! I'm very happy with it for the price! I bought it because i wanted something ultra portable for planes and trains that i wouldnt cry over if it got stolen or destroyed. I also wasnt going to shell out the price of the kala pocket uke... At least not yet. The Tom fit my needs and price range.

There are minor finishing imperfections, like some of the gear tuners have a mark from where they were poured into their moulds, but it is totally cosmetic. I dont think the nut and saddle are real bone either. Fretting is very well done. It plays accurate from head to body from my experience/ test with my tuner.

It plays well in C tuning. It came with aquila strings. It is 17 inches long from top to bottom and the body is 1.5 inches thick, making it ultra portable. It is unbraced on the inside. Well done satin finish. The body is mohogany ply (including the top) and the neck and head are a single piece of solid nato. Headstock is ultra small but the gear tuners make it fairly heavy neck-side.

The sound? Not bad for what it is. I'm still breaking in the strings so it sounds a little better everytime i play it. The sound isnt nearly as loud or as crisp as my ohana vita but comparable to my birch ply 1920's harmony soprano. The sound is a little tinny but i like tinny ukes as much as i like harpy crisp ukes. I say go for it!

It's definitely not disposible like a mahalo. Now that i'm attached, i might cry if it gets stolen or sat on.

The Tom is actually a bit infamous on the German forums. Actually, a member is having a giveaway for one right now, making the count at least three in Germany. The consensus is that it is a great uke for the price, but it absolutely needs a set-up, and, if possible, new tuners. At 50€ shipped, it is practically a steal.

Huh.
The seller ships worldwide, but not to the Netherlands... :confused:

That's odd!

(good thing though, probably, since I really don't have any money right now and I'm sort of trying to curb my UAS before it really gets a strong hold on me...)

Just bought one. Been in the market for a soprano for the size but a sopranino for 68$ was just too hard to resist. Planning on taking it around my pharmacy school. Perfect for inbetween class jams.

I have one. Not a great instrument but well worth the $60 with shipping I paid for it. I wanted a Kala pocket but really couldn't justify $200 for basically a novelty instrument. It does sound a little tinny but not a bad sound. The body is not nearly as deep as the Kala, but it does stay in tune and plays quite well but the small size takes a little getting used to. Ordered it and received in 2 weeks from China to the US. I liked well enough to order one of their tenors with a two band for $99 but it hasn't arrived yet.

I've just ordered one for my Christmas present from the wife,only she won't let me play with it till then :(

A buddy of mine has one, and it's a great little uke. Not only great for the price, but overall really well constructed and made. Feels great, is surprisingly comfy to play for the size, and the sound is a lot fuller and richer than what the Kala Pocket produces.

The bridge position is a lot better on the Tom, right between the soundhole and the edge, so you get a surprisingly full sound for such a small body and scale. I think the Kala Pocket really suffers from the botchy bridge placement, it's too far on the edge of the soundboard, directly above the wood block, so it really keeps the soundboard from resonating as much as it could.

The one i got to play came with a quite nice factory setup, playable out of the box. You can of course improve it by lowering the nut action a bit, but that's pretty much normal with chinese factory ukes.

The Kala pocket ukes perform better when you tune up higher to DGBE tuning than GCEA.

Is that the same case with these cheap ukes?
I'm really thinking of getting one with the intention of tuning high-DGBE (one octave higher than baritone uke)

I have brought a couple of Ukuleles from this chap and had no problems including the sopranino Tom Link to my Tom "Thumb" it looks and is nothing like a Kala Pocket but its a very nice Ukulele particularly for the money. Having geared tuners on a sopranino makes for a crowded headstock but on the other hand makes for easier tuning. On the tuning front it does really want to be a D tune or higher, you can do C tuning but it sounds a bit dead compared to higher

Any pictures of the Uke that you wouldn't mind sharing?
I'm seriously considering ordering one.

I just got one! For 68$ CAN with shipping included and no import duties, it is a good deal! I'm very happy with it for the price! I bought it because i wanted something ultra portable for planes and trains that i wouldnt cry over if it got stolen or destroyed. I also wasnt going to shell out the price of the kala pocket uke... At least not yet. The Tom fit my needs and price range.

There are minor finishing imperfections, like some of the gear tuners have a mark from where they were poured into their moulds, but it is totally cosmetic. I dont think the nut and saddle are real bone either. Fretting is very well done. It plays accurate from head to body from my experience/ test with my tuner.

It plays well in C tuning. It came with aquila strings. It is 17 inches long from top to bottom and the body is 1.5 inches thick, making it ultra portable. It is unbraced on the inside. Well done satin finish. The body is mohogany ply (including the top) and the neck and head are a single piece of solid nato. Headstock is ultra small but the gear tuners make it fairly heavy neck-side.

The sound? Not bad for what it is. I'm still breaking in the strings so it sounds a little better everytime i play it. The sound isnt nearly as loud or as crisp as my ohana vita but comparable to my birch ply 1920's harmony soprano. The sound is a little tinny but i like tinny ukes as much as i like harpy crisp ukes. I say go for it!

It's definitely not disposible like a mahalo. Now that i'm attached, i might cry if it gets stolen or sat on.

Any pictures??

I have one. Not a great instrument but well worth the $60 with shipping I paid for it. I wanted a Kala pocket but really couldn't justify $200 for basically a novelty instrument. It does sound a little tinny but not a bad sound. The body is not nearly as deep as the Kala, but it does stay in tune and plays quite well but the small size takes a little getting used to. Ordered it and received in 2 weeks from China to the US. I liked well enough to order one of their tenors with a two band for $99 but it hasn't arrived yet.

Top Bottom