Mya-Moe Mango tenor # 290

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevepetergal

Reaction score
THIS INSTRUMENT HAS BEEN SOLD. CONGRATULATIONS, drdl. This ukulele is in almost perfect condition. One very small ding on headstock on front, upper right corner which doesn't show up in photo, put there by a local luthier (I wanted to KILL him, but I got over it.) This could almost certainly be buffed out. Otherwise, the UV cured polyester high-gloss finish is perfect.

It's about two years old and has been loved. Played a few hundred hours, been played in several solo and accompaniment performances. Impressed audience members and ukulele players every time it's left the house.

It is everything one would expect from Mya-Moe. Clear, full, consistant sound, and best intonation in the ukulele market. Not a harsh element in it. Plays smoothly. I love it, but have learned a great deal from this magnificent instrument. I've learned how to get good tone from every note, how to accent one note in a chord over the others even when it's one of the middle strings. I've also learned that I'm not a Tenor guy. I must play a concert. And I still have not learned to prefer the radiused fretboard over flat. So, as much as I do love this beautiful piece of craftsmanship, I feel someone else should have it. As wonderful as it is, I haven't been playing it.

It is as ordered except I have recently replaced the Worth strings with D'Addario classical strings. They are a little quiet for my taste but sound very pretty. I prefer the Worth clears it came with, and will include three sets (two high G and one low G) plus a set of low G Ko'olau Mahana's with wound #3 and #4 with the sale, plus an experimental Aquila Low G string I tried on it. It will also come with a customized Dunlop Capo for a radiused ukulele fret board.

This is all solid Mango with Bloodwood binding on body and fretboard, special-order Gotoh gold, closed-gear tuning machines with amber buttons, gold strap button, and a K&K Twin-Spot passive pick-up which works perfectly. Please check Mya-Moe's website for all specifics and better photos.

Asking $1400, with Hardshell case extra set of strings and Herco humidifier. With any questions or reasonable offer, please send a Personal Message.

101_5272.jpg101_5273.jpg101_5277.jpg101_5280.jpg101_5279.jpg

(sniff)

Last edited:
MAN! What a beautiful instrument! I got to play this one a few weeks ago when we met to compare Mya-Moe's. This is just a stunning uke & is indeed great sounding, & playing.

Here's the Uke Tracker link at Mya-Moe - the bloodwood bindings really set off the Koa!

http://myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=290&submit=Track

Somebody's going to get a great uke!

Such a beauty. You're a good man to make this uke available to some one who prefers a tenor uke or a radiused neck (or both). Best of luck with your sale.

I much prefer the sealed-gear tuners to any others. The Gotohs are the ones Mya-Moe was using at the time. They just didn't offer the gold color. That's what I ordered extra. The pick-up is a $150 option, and the gloss finish is $250. The finish, by the way is the same kind Kanile'a is using for their high gloss.
I think to get this instrument built by Mya-Moe now would cost about $1900.

Beautiful uke! I am pondering a Mya-Moe tenor in mango - yours fits he bill with the exception of the standard neck width - I am really wanting the 1.5" nut width. Very very tempting though.

Beautiful uke! I am pondering a Mya-Moe tenor in mango - yours fits he bill with the exception of the standard neck width - I am really wanting the 1.5" nut width. Very very tempting though.

eye, I know what you mean. Steve is asking $500+ less than new build, and no wait. It is extemely good for anyone desiring a MM mango.

Bloodwood trim---wow, unique.

I am besotted with this instrument. I would move heaven and earth to grab it had I the money.

Oooooh. Besotted Jon! I had to go to the dictionary for that one.:) Good luck on the sale Steve.

Oooooh. Besotted Jon! I had to go to the dictionary for that one.:) Good luck on the sale Steve.

he he Dana...in luuuuuuurrve mate. I remember when this one was being built and finally completed I drooled over those gallery shots for ages. I have a MM mango soprano and it's the sweetest thing. I have no doubt this sounds amazing, and with a pickup too...I've just started doing a bit at the local church and a pickup would be so handy...aaaahhhh. Unless Steve can do a layaway I simply can't afford it these days :(

he he Dana...in luuuuuuurrve mate. I remember when this one was being built and finally completed I drooled over those gallery shots for ages. I have a MM mango soprano and it's the sweetest thing. I have no doubt this sounds amazing, and with a pickup too...I've just started doing a bit at the local church and a pickup would be so handy...aaaahhhh. Unless Steve can do a layaway I simply can't afford it these days :(

I was going to suggest a trade Jon, but I know that you are more of a concert/soprano guy anyway. It is not that difficult to install a MiSi in a uke if you are at all adept with tools. The only tool you realy need is a drill, a 1/4 inch dowel, and the appropriate bits. Last one I bought from Elderly was only $120.00.

Hi,

I'm interested in the Mya-Moe you are selling. I don't know why I'm not able to send you a PM. Please, contact me if it is still available. My email is DAVIDL999@NETSCAPE.NET

Thanks,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom