MGM Update: out again ( no replies please)

Kekani

Reaction score
As most of you know, I really don't like posting topics such as these, but I also know how many of us want to know MGM's condition (okay, i really don't know how much of us, but I'm guessing a lot).

I may be a thread deadhead by asking for no replies, and I'd just like to use this thread for updates, which makes it a very easy read for those that are interested (like the last time). I hope to not make a habit out of this.

HOWEVER, when he comes out, I do hope you all welcome him back.

MGM admitted himself at the Doc's insistence when his 2nd blood test showed a high blood sugar level, high enough that he should be in a coma, but he's not. He said he's feeling fine, whatever that means for MGM, and he drove himself. He's disappointed that he'll miss the fight.

I missed his initial call to me, then I reminded him that I'm getting plates together for his next build. Seems the last time I was doing that, he went in and I thought he was going to be gone. I may have to stop building for him (a little humor I shared with him that he laughed at).

I know you all have him in your prayers, and I'll update if anything changes. Personally, I'm not as worried this time as I was the last time, but I'm not letting my guard down so to speak.

Aaron

God bless you both.

i shall have him in my prayers hope he gets well

Hey Arron,
just talked to him this week, will be saying prayers for him thank you for letting us know..keep us informed

Mahalo for the heads up regarding Bruddah Mike. He is in my thoughts and prayers to overcome his health issues and to be well soon.

Blessings.

Last edited:
Rumors of my passing LOL. Is premature....again as Aaron mentioned I feel fine and had no symptoms but a routine blood level check found astromical high (900) blood sugar levels. They have me on insulin now and yes I drove to the hospital myself...kinda creepy though. The nurses aide came in to take a blood sugar level with those fancy pin prick machines and the result said "critical" to high to read....now there is a vampire taking blood from my hand. Dang I missed the Evans jones jr fight....no pop in hospital. Ha ha

Aloha Mike,

Glad to hear you still doing fine, have time to reply my email though? :)

cheers,

Yes I have iPad ...android phone....laptop....and all my papers from work. Lol

I, too, am praying for a fast recovery for Mike.

For several reasons including, for instance, another NAMM dinner...

Hey Mike, take care man!

>>MGM;920796]Rumors of my passing LOL. Is premature....<<
Prayers up, take care man.

>>no pop in hospital. Ha ha<<
No pop at all, especially not the zero calorie stuff. I can't drink it at all, the artificial sweeteners drive my pancreas and blood sugar nuts. Oddly, my body can deal with normal amounts of sucrose/fructose no prob.

>>astromical high (900) blood sugar levels. <<
You definitely had a close call. From your pix you've lost mucho inches around the waistline, good job. I've gone back to the traditional Mediterranean / Paleo diet I grew up on. A used book store will have the Pritikin diabetic books, pretty much same thing. Start looking at the glycemic index of foods. And food labels, if I can't pronounce it I don't eat it. I walk a couple of miles, about 20 minutes, not necessarily briskly, every day. It's been a big help.

Take care man. We worry about you.

Mike, I know that I speak for a lot of people on here when I say that I breathed a sigh of relief when you returned after your last hospitalization. Aaron's post alarmed me a bit (and while I have never met you in person, I have done a fair amount of business with you) but I must say how relieved I am to read your posts from the hospital. You take care, man, and I'm glad that you are getting help.

Mahalo

Yes I have iPad ...android phone....laptop....and all my papers from work. Lol

Aloha Mike,

You know I was kidding, please take time to recover in healthy shape first. Prayer sent truly.

Top Bottom