FS: Kanilea K1 Tenor w/ hardcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientMatingCalls

Reaction score
I was not intending on selling this uke when I put in my order for a Mya Moe resonator. However, as I'm discussing more of the details of my future uke, I am also realizing that I need to pay the balance as soon as possible. Funds will be especially tight in the next few months with my wedding coming up in August. So to ensure that My Mya Moe actually makes it to my doorstep, I am going to let go of this gorgeous Kanilea.

I bought it around three months ago from a fellow forumite. I was thrilled at the beauty of this uke, but really taken with the sound. This was my second Kanilea tenor. While I was underwhelmed with the tone of the first one, I could not feel more differently about this current uke. It is loud. Not a bright, cutting loud. Instead it has a sound that fills the room with a warm, big tone.

Since buying it in January, I have played it everyday to its fullest. So there are some minor finish marks. Mostly marks from my nails. However, my daughter did get her hands on it a few times, resulting in the two more obvious knicks. One on the headstock and the other on the right lower bout of the back.

I have installed a K&K twinspot pick up. I was going to go with a MiSi, but decided to give the TS a go. I'm glad I did. I really like the very organic fine that it produces.

The uke comes with a Guardian Vintage hardcase. I thought it was such a great case I bought another for my Kala Lacewood tenor.

Price: $775 + shipping.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTUtMS0xLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTYtMS5qcGc.jpg

This is a great deal for a Kanile'a tenor. The fact that it has a pick up makes it a really great deal. I have three Kanile'a tenors and they are incredible. Heck I'm tempted because I was thinking of getting a pick up installed on one of mine, and here it is already done!

how do you remove the bridge pins? are they a hassle to deal with?

Really nice uke, congratulation on your wedding and good luck on your selling.

Not a hassle at all, I like them. I use a set of pliers to remove them. They have dedicated tools for it, whihwouldnt be a bad investment.
A bamboo skewer is my tool of choice, when fingers don't do the trick.

hi ,
would you ship the ukulele to germany if i pay with paypal ?

lg frank berlin

RE: bridge pins

I don't own a uke with bridge pins, but on my guitar I use the little black thingy on the left there. They sell them at almost any guitar shop for next to nothing and they work great. If the pins on a uke are the same diameter as on a guitar it should work on them, too.

100_2874.jpg

All my stringwinders have a groove in them just for pulling bridge pins out. I use them on my guitars and it works on my Kanilea.
Not a hassle at all, I like them. I use a set of pliers to remove them. They have dedicated tools for it, whihwouldnt be a bad investment.

I have a K1 Deluxe and mine also has incredible sound. It's my favorite tenor and I play it every day. Whoever gets this will be really happy I'm sure.
I was thinking about putting in a pickup and did not think of a K&K twinspot. I'll have to check it out.

Good luck and nice case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom