PDA

View Full Version : it's not a Guitar!!!!

freedive135
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm in my shop tuning some ski's blasting 409/Uke on a Stick and this custy comes in and says "man that dude is rippin up that guitar!!!!". I tell him thats no guitar its a Ukulele "No way man thats not a Ukulele".

So I had to show him some Aldrine in action then showed him some Jake.

"Wow, I didn't think you could play a Ukulele like that".

JKoval
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Well done. :)

-Jeff

UkEdman90
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
BUHAHA i get that all the time with peeps! then i show them the uke play some tunes and BAM there believers!

SuperSecretBETA
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I have some friends who are "extreme" and watch Spike TV and other "extreme" shows. They'll never be believers. Ukulele isn't extreme enough. LOL

UkeNinja
10-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I think Aldrine will have to draw his conclusions. No matter how hard he tries, his sound is leaning towards the Dark Side. Never underestimate the sense of an average passer-by...
That song title always reminds me of...

"I even smoke that tied stick, you know?"
"Tied stick?"
"That stuff that's tied to a stick."
"Oh, Thai stick."

...but I'm sure it's much more healthy and wholesome than what this quote refers to.

ChamorroDT
10-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Lately, when I play my uke, or even just have it in its bag on my back, people come up to me and are like "whoa dude, is that a ukulele?!" and I turn around very proudly and say "why yes...yes it is"

:cool:

Sometimes, ill sit on a bench with my friends and play some Ne-Yo songs, or just something I know other people would know, and they look at me and smile and I know they're thinking..."That's not a guitar...thats a ukulele" haha

mctrmt
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I have some friends who are "extreme" and watch Spike TV and other "extreme" shows. They'll never be believers. Ukulele isn't extreme enough. LOL

Maybe if you lit part of it on fire while you played?

h-drix
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
ive gotten about 4 people in my school in to the uke. Im playing my first uke show next week, ill try to get some video. A lot of the poeple are already really good at other instraments, they just want to add the uke to there knowledge base.

deach
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM

I guess you haven't shown them my latest video.

muzikengineer
10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
You know what i like most about my Uke? Well besides the cool music it makes!, I like the fact that i can take it along with me on my Motorcycle..I got a cool backpack case......

I can go to the park or wherever and write or just jam...Very nice!!

uke142464
10-17-2008, 04:16 PM
when I went up to play during last years talent show at school my friend said that the girl infront of him said "why is his guitar so small?" :p