it's not a Guitar!!!!

freedive135

Reaction score
I'm in my shop tuning some ski's blasting 409/Uke on a Stick and this custy comes in and says "man that dude is rippin up that guitar!!!!". I tell him thats no guitar its a Ukulele "No way man thats not a Ukulele".

So I had to show him some Aldrine in action then showed him some Jake.

"Wow, I didn't think you could play a Ukulele like that".

BUHAHA i get that all the time with peeps! then i show them the uke play some tunes and BAM there believers!

I have some friends who are "extreme" and watch Spike TV and other "extreme" shows. They'll never be believers. Ukulele isn't extreme enough. LOL

I think Aldrine will have to draw his conclusions. No matter how hard he tries, his sound is leaning towards the Dark Side. Never underestimate the sense of an average passer-by...
That song title always reminds me of...

"I even smoke that tied stick, you know?"
"Tied stick?"
"That stuff that's tied to a stick."
"Oh, Thai stick."

...but I'm sure it's much more healthy and wholesome than what this quote refers to.

Lately, when I play my uke, or even just have it in its bag on my back, people come up to me and are like "whoa dude, is that a ukulele?!" and I turn around very proudly and say "why yes...yes it is"

:cool:

Sometimes, ill sit on a bench with my friends and play some Ne-Yo songs, or just something I know other people would know, and they look at me and smile and I know they're thinking..."That's not a guitar...thats a ukulele" haha

ive gotten about 4 people in my school in to the uke. Im playing my first uke show next week, ill try to get some video. A lot of the poeple are already really good at other instraments, they just want to add the uke to there knowledge base.

when I went up to play during last years talent show at school my friend said that the girl infront of him said "why is his guitar so small?" :p

Top Bottom