Kiwaya - Rare! Concert Slot Head

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
http://www.theukulelesite.com/kiwaya-rare-eco-deluxe-concert-slot-head.html

Wow, I just spotted this on HMS website, and it sure looks keen. I thought I'd post as there are a few Kiwaya mavens (like me) out there.

I just bought a couple ukuleles in the past couple months, so, I guess this one will have to go to one of you all.

Wow! Best of all worlds, it seems. :drool:

Last edited:
Wow! That might be my dream Uke, but I am just about $699 short. really, more than that, because if I had it to spend, i should really put it towards something else.

I'm glad i like my kala long neck!

I really do...

I mean, really!

yes I do!

:)

Thanks for posting! ( i think)

:)

I know there are some Kiwaya fans on the forum, but i suppose it is not a mainstream brand. i saw one locally, and then searched the forums here to learn more about them. They are not flashy Ukes, but the ones I have tried were very light, and played beautifully. I hope to have one or two someday. "till then, my Kala Long neck Soprano will do quite well for me.

I really like Kiwayas myself! More a fan of their sopranos than concerts, to be honest, but that slot head looks terrific. This is the first slotted headstock I've seen on a ukulele that didn't seem too big & chunky for my taste. Very nicely done, and I'll bet those tuners keep the headstock light as well!
Yum!

Kiwaya can be so frustrating. I remember when Bosko & Honey had an HPL koa concert up for a charity auction. It was gorgeous and sounded gorgeous. Do you think you could actually buy something like that? Nooooo, Japan only, and now probably not even that. And if you could get it, it'd be for more than it was worth. It's a heartbreak brand of stuff you can't have.

But yeah they're really great instruments.

I am looking for reasons to stay away from HMS right now. It would be harder if it weren't for the increasingly draconian import regulations here.

On the other hand, I may send myself on a mission when I am next in Japan.

Top Bottom