Compass Rose and Roy Smeck instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeetsme

Reaction score
Selling my 1926 Roy Smeck Vita Uke w/ case. Original condition, but bridge may have been replaced, I think the front has had a light refinish as well. Very tiny cracks at one of the feet of both seal holes, barely noticable. There is also a seam separation about an inch long below the bridge, again, barely noticable. Great player, tone and volume! Asking 455.00 + shipped

Pics below

Attachments

• hanger01.jpg
    hanger01.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Vita pair 01.jpg
    Vita pair 01.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 87
  • uke 01.jpg
    uke 01.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 9
  • uke 02.jpg
    uke 02.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • uke 03.jpg
    uke 03.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I might be able to be convinced to take the Compass Rose off your hands.

pm sent for those vita! i love those instruments

see first post

Attachments

• uke 01.jpg
    uke 01.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 30
  • uke 02.jpg
    uke 02.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
  • uke 03.jpg
    uke 03.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 25
  • uke 04.jpg
    uke 04.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • uke 05.jpg
    uke 05.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
CR no longer for sale

Attachments

• CR 01.jpg
    CR 01.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 56
  • CR 02.jpg
    CR 02.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 58
  • CR 03.jpg
    CR 03.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 48
  • CR 04.jpg
    CR 04.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Vita tenor guitar: SOLD

Attachments

• guitar 01.jpg
    guitar 01.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 14
  • guitar 02.jpg
    guitar 02.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 13
  • guitar 03.jpg
    guitar 03.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13
  • guitar 04.jpg
    guitar 04.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 14
  • guitar 05.jpg
    guitar 05.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
What kind of woods are the top, sides, back, and neck made from, on the Vita Uke ?

Mahogany back and sides, spruce top. Contrary to popular belief, the Vita uke was only made one year, 1926.

See original post, Vita still available.

Last edited:
Uh oh. UAS has struck, but so far I am in remission. I'd feel better about buying another uke if I could sell the Vita. Still open to offers on the Compass Rose too, but it is one of my favorites, not very motivated to sell it, translation: The Compass Rose won't go cheap. I am willing to consider all bids on the Vita.

For what it's worth from this thread:

If you wish to sell anything in the marketplace you must provide these things in your post.

1. Picture of the actual ukulele being sold. Not a stock photo of the model
2. Reason why you are selling the instrument
3. Price and Terms (S&H etc)

To increase your chances of selling your ukulele, providing these things will also help.
- Video / Audio sample of the ukulele
- Time stamped picture with Ukulele Underground written on a piece of paper in front of the uke
- Not trying to sell something in your first post.

Members can request additional pictures and timestamp from new members. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

CR must be one of the last brands that sticks with 12 frets to the body for a tenor. I'm glad 2011 has 14 frets

Last edited:
Tried to amend this thread with little success. Vita is still available. Check first post for details.

Last edited:
We're making both 12 fret and 14 fret tenor models now, and the 14s are available in the micro jumbo shape as well as our "traditional" shape. The micro jumbo is larger than the concert nano jumbo... :) And yes, we are fully aware of the irony and absurdity of the body designations! Got to have fun somewhere...

My CR is the best mahogany tenor I've ever played, really sweet tone. The only reason I considered selling it was a sudden moment of responsibility, trying to get control of my credit card. Came to my senses though, back on the wall. Totally off topic, but I've noticed that players who play other instruments are not as likely get carried away with UAS. I did buy and sell a lot of ukes before settling on a half dozen I call keepers, but I am a longtime harmonica player and have a boat load of harps, amps, mics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom