How many of you have Mya-Moes with the wider 1.5 nut width?

Eyeguy

Reaction score
It's a no additional cost option that just needs to be requested - I am curious how many here have opted for the slightly wider nut width on their Mya-Moes.

I had one and never liked it. I'd stick with the standard width. Seems a small thing but it was a totally different instrument.

Mine's a standard width too. It seems just right for me.

My Mya-Moe Koa Resonator has a 1.5" nut. I love it. I primarily fingerpick so the wider string spacing is welcomed. All of my ukes have a 1.5" nut and when other people try them most of them like the more "breathing room".

My 1.5" nut ukes:
Talsma Tenor
Earnest Tululele Tenor
aNueNue Gerald Ross Signature Model
Mya-Moe Tenor Resonator

Gerald,

I checked out your website. Truly great playing there. The swing tunes are awesome! I think I am going to opt for the 1.5 as well - I have it on my Kanile'a and like it - with the addition of the radiused fretboard I'm thinking it will be even better.

I have a 1.5" nut on my Mya-Moe as that's my preferred nut width. All of my custom ukes are ordered with 1.5" nut.

It's not a Mya Moe, but I asked for my custom to be built with a 1.5 inch nut (super soprano). Before I had the custom I had a Kanile'a soprano - 1.5 inch nut, and my knockabout uke is a Koloa...with a 1.5 inch nut. Obviously, I like the wider neck! you just have to try it, though, and see what you think. I went through a lot of ukes before I figured out that neck width was "the thing" that made for my favorite ukes... See if you can find someone local to you that has a uke with the wider neck and try it on for size...

Top Bottom