Anyone tried Stagg ukuleles?

Bao

Reaction score
I recently won an auction for a Stagg US70S soprano for only 50 dollars. This model actually has a solid mahogany top so at this price range, it sounds like a pretty good deal already. Plus the store that I'm buying it from provides free set up so I'm assuming that it will be good when I get it in the mail.

I am curious, has anyone else tried these ukuleles and liked them?

I tried searching on google and the UU forums for reviews on staggs but I only ever found other models, none on their sopranos. I've only seen 2 reviews for the tenor version of the ukulele that I bought and the reviews are good so far.

Last edited:
The Stagg ukes are better the more expensive they are, I believe. But, I could be wrong... I once had a cheap US10, which is the worst ukulele I have ever played. On the other hand, some of the slightly more costly US20 models are fine. The one you mention, I don't know about, it may be great, who knows?

They're OK. Not special, but OK. All mass produced ukuleles are variable, and need the attentions of someone skilled to get the best from them. I've played a US20 that I liked, but also tried one that didn't play properly.

Setup is everything. If yours has been done OK, you'll have a sound little uke.

I love my us10, it plays superb, sounds great and the finish is good (nicely finished frets, no signs of filler in the wood, smooth neck, positive feel the nuts etc.). it has been setup some what with a lowered bridge and trimmed nut as they action was very very high. it also has aquilia strings on which helps. would buy another one, infact i'm thinking about doing just that to turn into an electric.

Top Bottom