B Flat tuning

f,Bb,D,G

What strings are you using?

I've experimented with Southcoast mediums in B flat: really brought out wonderful tones in one of my tenors. Your individual instrument may vary, but I suspect you'll be intrigued and delighted. Let us know what you think.

I've experimented with Southcoast mediums in B flat: really brought out wonderful tones in one of my tenors. Your individual instrument may vary, but I suspect you'll be intrigued and delighted. Let us know what you think.

Wow! The change in tuning has made a remarkable improvement in the tone of my Kamaka tenor. The sustain seems longer too. Now bear-in-mind, I have only tried this with Southcoast medium strings. I suggest everyone retune and check it out for yourselves. BTW, I could not be more happier with Southcoast strings.

That may be part of it. I think too it is about the ability of a uke body to vibrate better at such and such a range of vibrations: that is a non-engineer's, non-builder's guess. In any case, it is a delight, isn't it?
Look closely at the Southcoast site and read about the tunings. There are other possibilities there. : )

Top Bottom