8 String Action

jhanover

Reaction score
I just got my Lanikai LU-8 8 string. All my experiments in tuning have lead me to being happy with as I call it " double-island " tuning. Keeping the string and the sympathetic ( for lack of better word and/or technical term )string at the same octave. When you leave the bass string ( at the top like an acoustic guitar ) open it leaves a nice loud buzzing and hum to compliment the higher chord sounds. I have two instrumentals that I have recently put together, when I get a little more confident in my playing I will upload them. 8 strings might be intimidating, but I am glad I took the leap into them. Anybody else gone 8 string yet?

I snagged a Kamaka 8 off ebay. I played around with leaving the 2 bass octaves strings off . I have it tuned standard 8 now. so are you doubling the bass strings [just like the trebles] ?

Yeah I am. Sometimes it gets a little out of tune depending on how hard I am playing. On the LU-8 all of the strings are nylon except one brass string on the last string inside. Is the Kamaka like that as well ?

Top Bottom