Does anybody else take Uke breaks while studying for finals?

CousinDerek

Reaction score
So, this week is exam week down here in Charleston. I've been in the library since 10 AM studying and finallly getting home to take a little jam break for an hour. Only way to keep me sane while studying!

Anyone else doing the same?

Yeah on a regular basis. I do 20 minutes on 20 minutes off, a lot of people don't like that because they feel like they're just 'getting into the zone' and things like that but this way I find I can go from breakfast to bedtime with out interruption. I get a whole lot done, in terms of study and ukulele haha.

too old for final exams...by a lot!
love the idea, I think a break really helps break up the studying into managable pieces.

I take uke breaks from everything! Lately it's the only thing I don't need a break from... except to rest my hands!
Ukeing will rest and re-tune your mind, so you are sharper when you go back to the books.

So, this week is exam week down here in Charleston. I've been in the library since 10 AM studying and finallly getting home to take a little jam break for an hour. Only way to keep me sane while studying!

Anyone else doing the same?

I have a 6 page paper due on Friday... I only have my Thesis statement done.

Being retired, I tend to take as many breaks as I want,
when I want.Its great!

I take uke breaks when I'm grading my students' exams. Does that count?

Definitely counts -- my students' essays are more fun to read if I break to play every hour or two.

EDIT: just read the rest of the posts. We have a bunch of teachers on UU -- sweet!

As a faculty member I have an "office uke" that's available any time I need a break. We also have a group of student/faculty musicians who jam during lunch time once a week or so. Uking is a great break from the computer monitor, the lectern or the note-taking arena.

Been using mine as a distraction from my dissertation. Handed it in today so even more time for ukulele-ing.

I probably wouldn't have gotten much studying done if I had a uke back when I was in college. I might not have gotten a girlfriend either.

Not in school myself, but a friend has been completing his doctoral dissertation, and I've been playing for him! He loves it. He tends to be very serious and the 'uke relaxes him. I've been helping him format the paper and I play while we wait for the (enormous) document to print.

Happy to report he passed his defense a week ago!

Good luck to those of you studying now.

Heck Yea I do. I'm constantly playing for short little bursts. Makes tedious tasks much more fun.

Top Bottom