Random Question

mendel

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

It has been a while since I had time to post. I am currently awaiting the final approval for me to begin the actual research study for my PhD. I am very excited, and also chomping at the bit, so to speak. With this stage of my paper beginning, I realized that I can be in the market for more lucrative employment in the near future. As such, I am looking for any recommendations that the learned sages of the UU might be willing to provide in terms of a resume writing service. Have any of you used one? Any suggestions?

Also, I was playing my guitar a lot for a while, but I really missed playing my Uke. I am back at it full time- and with much better results. I guess that while I may learn to play the guitar, my first love will always be my Donaldson Custom- "Hugs and Kisses". She just sings so sweet!!!

Mendel

Random answer...47!

I can't say about services as I have always written my own with good results.

I can tell you, as someone who reviews resumes and hires people, that (in my field) style doesn't matter as long as it is consistent and readable. Focus on your accomplishments related to the job for which you are applying. By all means, unless they ask for a CV, keep it under 2 pages. One page is desirable, if you can make it readable. Follow that and common sense (like no email addresses that are unprofessional... partyboy420 will not be called for an interview no matter how good the resume looks) and you will be fine.

I've never used a resume writing service. If you're savvy with the English language and have a bit of design sense, you probably won't need one either.

But it does greatly help to at least have a friend or two go over your resume when you're done. They'll catch typos you've missed.

JJ

P.S. If you want to send your resume to me, I'd be happy to take a look at it for free. :)

Top Bottom