Need objective opinions on UU+ membership.

AussieAsh

Reaction score
Aloha,

I was hoping to get some relatively objective and unbiased opinions on the UU+ learning program. Is it worth the money, or am I better off scouring YouTube (etc) for similar lessons?

I've got a couple of decades of music theory behind me (a a couple of instruments as well, obviously) so I don't need to learn "everything from middle-C and up" - I just need to learn the basics of ukulele technique and maybe some impressive songs to kick-start my repertoire. The rest I'll figure out myself (or at least that's the theory).

I'd love to hear from anyone who either has or has had a UU+ membership. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ash

I'd definitely recommend it. The music theory course might be a bit repetitive for you, and probably the 101 course as well. However the other courses have some great techniques involved and the master classes are advantageous to everyone.

Last edited:
I'm new to stringed instruments, and just started with uu+. I'm loving it so far - there seem to be some fairly advanced lessons available if you're looking for them. The materials seem well produced as well. I'd say give it a try.

I recommend it. I played the violin for about 14 years before picking up a uke (so I also have a decent handle on music theory) and found the UU+ lessons to be very helpful. I've also purchased a number of books (i.e. Fingerstyle Solos for Ukulele) to provide additional instruction and practice opportunities but found UU+ to be foundational to them. I suppose it comes down to your learning style but UU+ has given me a lot of bang for my buck.

i've gone through the music theory lessons and the first three 101 lessons. very worth it.

Worth it by a long shot. I was decently far in my playing before I got it, but I learn new things every day. What are you waiting for?? :D Get it now!

Top Bottom