1st time performing open mic tonight

Nickie

Reaction score
Holy moly, this was scary, but I played and sang (one song) in front of my ukulele peers for Open Mic Night. They were very supportive, and another woman said she liked my voice, which I told her (she projected over everyone, and was on key!) There were some very good performers in our club there! The stage fright was nothing compared to what I had last year at my church.

Yay for you! Congratulations!!!!

Aloha Nickie,
Way to go.................keep it up, it gets easier.............................................BO...........................

AWESOME!

Performing is my true joy and I love hearing about people overcoming that sheer, unadulterated terror that is stage fright and making music and finding that joy.

Don't stop!

You know that high you got when it was over? That burst of "OMG! THIS FEELS AWESOME!"?

It gets BETTER!

Hold on to this feeling. Lock it into your memory. One day your head will be a little swolled up and you'll take performing for granted. The day you start thinking like that, like "It's the job" (and this isn't a bad thing. It means that you're over the irrational fears involved with stage fright), think back to THIS day and how awesome it felt when you finally did it and it was amazing and OMG that lady said she liked your voice and how awesome THAT felt... and you'll get right back to centre and it'll get EVEN BETTER!

You just took the biggest step in an AMAZING journey!

You're in for a BLAST!

Awesome! Congratulations. Performing in front of even the most supportive ukers is very scary. Now you are past your first performance.
What did you play and what will you do next get together?
Don

Excellent! We are proud of you!

Top Bottom