Urban Spaceman

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, next friday 4 may at 8PM here in the UK on channel 4, myself and 2 compadres should hopefully be on a segment of the TV show "Come Dine with Me" as we provided some of the entertainment at one of the dinner parties, we took part in a talent contest and the dinners voted us as the winners.

Anyway here is the song we performed, although this particular clip was shot at our local Ukulele club and we hoping to start to do some gigs in the future, nothing serious lol we just love to play, and i am certainly no musician anyway hope you like the clip.

On the Telly are we? Hope it runs, and hope you post it if it does. That's fantastic. Don't forget about us little people when you've reached the top!

Great job! Looks like lots of fun!

Great job! Looks like lots of fun!
cheers guys, im not famous peewee and certainly not a star or musician in any sense of the word, hell im still learning to play :)
I actually went to a proper acoustic night last night and got a massive reality check, not that i really needed it my feet are firmly planted on the ground, but some of the egos and and self importance some of the musicians had was astounding really astonishing, there was one band though who are on the cusp of potential greatness, a A&R man came all the way down from scotland to watch them, they are only 17 but they still seemed grounded and they were one of the most talented lot there and nice to chat to, yeah will try and put clip up, but you never know we may even get cut from the final edit, now that would be ironically funny :)

You made my day. I've never heard anyone play a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band song on uke before. (Except of course for Eric Clapton on "The Intro and the Outro".) And the tiple was the icing on the cake.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You made my day. I've never heard anyone play a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band song on uke before. (Except of course for Eric Clapton on "The Intro and the Outro".) And the tiple was the icing on the cake.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Many many thanks its a great tune to play on the uke it really works well, also ive done hunting tigers out in india as well thats alright to, they are both out there on the net somewhere in ke form, if you have trouble tracking them down and i will see if i can scan the song sheets for you, thanks for your kind words.

Watching your video, I was thinking "How is it that I've never thought to learn Hunting Tigers Out in Indiah?" When my daughter was younger but already too heavy to carry, we'd sometimes be walking in the woods and she'd decide she was too tired to walk back. I'd sing Hunting Tigers and she'd march along with me. I could get her back to the car under her own power that way.

thanks tootler

here you go uke4ia herfe is hunting tigers its niot the version i use, if you want the one i have i will try to scan it for you :)

Key: Cm
Capo: 3, play Am.

Intro: Cm
(Capo): (Am)

Cm
(Am)
With big hungry tigers

Fm Cm
(Dm) (Am)
Table manners have no place

(Dear dear dear, no

Dear dear dear, no

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Dear dear, oh, dear, no!)

Cm
(Am)
After they have eaten you

Fm Cm
(Dm) (Am)
They never say their grace

(Dear dear dear, no

Dear dear dear, no

G Cm
(E) (Am)

C Cm Fm
(A) (Am) (Dm)
Hunting tigers can be ripping fun

D7
(B7)
Like three blind mice

G
(E)
See the hunters run

Cm
(Am)
Hunting tigers out in India

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Yah!

Cm
(Am)
You all know how beastly tigers are

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Bb7
(G7)
They bite, they scratch

Eb
(C)
They make an awful fuss

Ab Eb
(F) (C)
It's no use stroking them

F7 G
(D7) (E)
And saying, "Puss puss puss!"

Oh,

Cm
(Am)

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Yah!

Instr.: Cm Fm Cm G Cm
(Am) (Dm) (Am) (E) (Am)

Cm Fm Cm G Cm
(Am) (Dm) (Am) (E) (Am)

Bb7
(G7)
They bite, they scratch

Eb
(C)
They make an awful fuss

Ab Eb
(F) (C)
It's no use stroking them

F7 G
(D7) (E)
And saying, "Puss puss puss!"

Oh,

Cm
(Am)

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Yah!

[spoken]:

Cm
(Am)
I say J.O., it's jolly frightening out here...

Nonsense, dear boy, you should be like me!

But look at you, you're shaking all over! What's the matter with you?

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Shaking, you silly goose? I'm just doing the Watusi, that's all...

C Cm Fm
(A) (Am) (Dm)
Tigers don't go out on rainy nights

D7
(B7)
They've no need to

G
(E)
Whet their appetites

Cm
(Am)

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Cm
(Am)
How many tigers can you find

Fm Cm
(Dm) (Am)
With forks and serviettes?

(Dear dear dear, no

Dear dear dear, no

G Cm
(E) (Am)

Cm
(Am)
Don't care in what part of you

Fm Cm
(Dm) (Am)
They fix their fretwork sets

Dear dear dear, no

Dear dear dear, no

G Cm
(E) (Am)

C Cm Fm
(A) (Am) (Dm)
Hunting tigers can be ripping fun

D7
(B7)
Like three blind mice

G
(E)
See the hunters run

Cm
(Am)

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

Yah!

Cm
(Am)

Out in out in

G Cm
(E) (Am)
Out in India

YAH!

NB: Capo chords are in parentheses.

@ukeboobie - many many thanks, you never know we may even get edited out yet loland also welcome aboard ukuleleunderground look forward to seeing you around on the forum

@camsuke - many thanks for your kind words , really appreciate it as always, yeah it was fun, the funny thing is we were on stage no audience just the vid camera and just that little ol red light showing record was enough to get me sweating lol it was harder than when we were filmed for tv and with a audience of 6 lol

what a rockin fun good-time song lads. Well done, sounded very smooth and in the pocket. :) (Nice threads too Dave :))

what a rockin fun good-time song lads. Well done, sounded very smooth and in the pocket. :) (Nice threads too Dave :))
Many thanks my man, greatly appreciated as ever :) that's the clothes i tend to wear when we play the old folks homes, i will try and record any footage of us next week on the telly, i was wearing that blue Hawaiian shirt of mine that night lol.
I have played that song so so so many times at gigs and club nights and it still gets my toes a tappin, defo one of my fave numbers :)

Top Bottom