I think I found my ideal uke size...

tjomball

Reaction score
Having gone through soprano, concert and tenor I've found my concert uke as my go to uke.
But I still have an order on a custom sopranino uke by Agrappa ukes.
I've yet to try a baritone uke. But mark my words it will come as well.
But still of all my instruments. Of which I have more than my fair share.
I still come back to my Cordoba concert. It's not as spacious as my tenor, and not quite as cramped as my soprano. It's just right as Goldilocks would put it. So naturally I'll have to get myself two more concerts. One electric and one acoustic low g tuned one.
It's the curse that is Instrument Aquisition Syndrome that's reared it's ugly head again.
Basically. Instruments are my crack!!!
I can't exactly say its a shocking revelation. Every single past time activity I've taken up has been approached with fervor. Whether it be sports or more intellectual pursuits.
But what has surprised me is the speed of which I got "hooked" so to speak. It only took me 6 weeks to step up to my tenor eleuke.
With my mountain bikes I took the time to build my skills to the point where it was my equipment holding me back from progressing. With instruments it started with my first guitar. Then snowballed. Now I got more "toys" than I could ever dream of as a kid. But still I find myself wanting newer and flashier toys.
I know I can rationalize this from a musicians point of view. But still.
When can we say we have taken our IAS too far. When we have three Ukes of every scale? When we have to have a spare room dedicated to our instruments? Or is it simply when you first feel the tingle of desire when you walk past a music store and see that shiny new uke glaring at you from the window? Practically begging you to take it home.
I know I'm an incurable case of thingamabob acquisition syndrome.
I feel bad for my bank account.. :D

Top Bottom