Go for the record Tomorrow see Jake, Brittni, Gamiao, T^olentino, Gardner FREE

MGM

Reaction score
Go for Da Record, the second attempt to set a world record for the number of ‘’ukulele players and a fundraiser for Music for Life Foundation, from 4 to 9 p.m. April 28 at Blaisdell Arena. Jake Shimabukuro is scheduled to show at 7 p.m. to lead the crowd, which needs to be more than 1,500 strong to beat a record set in Sweden in 2011, according to organizers. Among the top pluckers who’ll join them: Kalei Gamiao, Bruce Shimabukuro, Taimane Gardner, Bryan Tolentino and Brittni Paiva, whose recently released “Living Ukulele” DVD includes lessons as well as concert and offstage footage, are also scheduled to perform. You can visit me at the entrance at the Luna, Ko'olau, Pono booth please visit and say hello

+Aldrine's on the stage for a couple numbers.

Darn, second time I missed this by a few days.
Go get'um people......................................

I was at the first attempt but didn't sign up to participate because I'd just bought my uke a couple of days before. I'd love to be there for the second attempt and would recommend it to anyone who is in the area. Jake basically walked everyone through the song before the attempt so even newbees to the uke could be a part of the attempt. He also entertained the crowd while the organisers got everyone seated correctly and counted.

Anybody want to contribute to a good cause? The send poor John to Hawaii Foundation is taking donations... :)

John

i heard about that on Aldrine's Livestream yesterday.... to bad I'll be in Saipan.. :(

Oh yeah. To get in free you need to bring your ukulele. Lol

Top Bottom