talent show tomorrow night >.<

KoloheBoy

UU Intern
Reaction score
so i'm gonna play ukulele for this girl tomorrow night and she sings really good. we're gonna do the song Baby i by keahiwai. i think her voice sounds better then keahiwais. but! i stay supah nervous. even tho i get the song down good. tips?!?!

so i'm gonna play ukulele for this girl tomorrow night and she sings really good. we're gonna do the song Baby i by keahiwai. i think her voice sounds better then keahiwais. but! i stay supah nervous. even tho i get the song down good. tips?!?!

Eat foods with POTASSIUM. like a BANANA :nana:

Proven fact that foods rich in potassium help decrease anxiety but in the case of being nervous...helps you be UNnervous if that's even a word!

I used to...STILL get nervous singing in front of people and when I used to do music festival competitions(that lasted for weeks) i would purchase a bunch of bananas and it really did help. Really 70% was chemical and 30% was psyche. I read the facts and because I knew it was supposed to work
-it DID!!!

------So eat a banana before you perform

I learned a bunch of relaxation techniques(i have a psyc degree) for those that are feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed or again in your case being nervous
take deep slow breaths.
INHALE 1.2.3.4 slow EXHALE 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10
this is a relaxation technique that people use universally and is easily achieved and always advised!!!

------So just breathe!!

Anyways just some little tips for performing. Think happy thoughts and perform for yourself, you only have yourself to outperform!!

and Goodluck you'll do great!

Try not to worry about it really. The worst that can happen is somebody ends up pantsing you on stage. Also, as Stevie Wonder put it, "With a voice like Ella's ringing out, there's no way the band can lose"

Brah, once you get past the intro and she start singing, all the attention goin be on her. Keep the tempo and press on. Everything goin work out.

First time we played on stage was at a Blues Grass Open mic bar, we followed the SC state blues grass champs. When they announed there would be a UKE band playing some lady behind me says "Why?" I didn't have the heart to tell the other band members what she said. When the SC champs stopped playing the crowd just kind of nodded their heads and some clapped. The champs were really good, it was not the most animated crowd. I was so nervous I must have played everything double time.

My advice is to get out in the audience and talk to a few folks in the crowd before you go on. That will help relax you. Remember there is alway one or two in the crowd whose sole purpose will appear to be to bring you down. Ignore them, focus in on the folks that are getting into it. You will also find out a few folks will be totally igoring the performance, talking and such. Don't let that freak you out.

Relax and if you mess up a chord or something just keep playing, no one will notice. They only notice if you stop. The first time I major forgot some lyrics I just made up a bunch until I got back on track, no one noticed, even the folks in my band didn't notice. Just keep a smiling at the audience and picking. You will do fine. Being nervous is good because you will have some visible engery on stage. Let us know know how it goes.

hey, if you feel that way, then that's what you did. Simple as that. Look forward to watching the video.

Top Bottom