WORRIED MAN BLUES - Clawhammer

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Worried Man Blues is a great tune. Here's a version using claw-hammer technique. I don't use this style of playing that often, but I'm getting to like using it.

I am sometimes tempted to play a little too daintily, but I am hitting the uke quite hard in this improvisation.

Stunning mate- is that a cedar rosewood tenor? I am thinking I need one of those (wife has the concert). Any way- job well done, still naming my next dog Ken ;)

YES!!! Super sweet playing mate, what a great melody that one is. I think I was born in the wrong country and the wrong century. :p

Stunning mate- is that a cedar rosewood tenor? I am thinking I need one of those (wife has the concert). Any way- job well done, still naming my next dog Ken ;)

No, it is my regular mahogany tenor. Strangely I haven't tried out the cedar/rosewood tenor (TK-50G) very much. I picked it up at the recent Frankfurt show and was very impressed by the punchiness and directness of the tone. I have it in a box upstairs. I will try to start using it more often and maybe do a video with it.

Thanks for watching. Woof!!

YES!!! Super sweet playing mate, what a great melody that one is. I think I was born in the wrong country and the wrong century. :p

Thanks J. I think I agree with you about being born in the wrong century. There are some good things about being around today though: antibiotics, yogurt and Ukulele Underground, to name just three.

Thanks for sharing Ken! Loved your playing...I have so much to learn!

It is fun learning though.

Perfection. Love the contrast between the black and white, almost still life character of the log cabin background (which your shirt matches perfectly), and your spirited performance. Just perfect.

Thanks. I think it is nice to play hard occasionally.

Aloha Ken,
Nice tone on that uke....love the rhythm, tempo, and your style...keep the coming..

Really, really nice. I really need to start learning to pick more. I mostly bang out three chords to accompany my (sort of) singing. I need to spend some time in the woodshed so I can make the uke sound good on it's own - especially since my voice is getting rougher and rougher as I age. LOL

John

I need to spend some time in the woodshed so I can make the uke sound good on it's own - especially since my voice is getting rougher and rougher as I age. LOL

John

That's good thinking, John. It is getting so that it hard to find a song (from any era) that someone hasn't recorded with a uke. I know that some do the songs better than others. However, playing instrumentally gives you a lot of scope for individuality. And it doesn't have to be something difficult or complicated to sound good.

Thanks for watching.

Top Bottom