Anyone own an Ana'ole?

That sure is a beaut! Sounds really nice too! Someday maybe!

sound of crickets chirping......

OK, I'm gonna take that as mostly a "no".

Last edited:
sound of crickets chirping......

OK, I'm gonna take that this as mostly a "no".

I had one. Traded it for a handgun. Beautiful instrument, nice sound. Slightly more pricey than I think is justified.

Also, understand that it is a weekend. Not as much posting on weekends. Ana'ole is not as popular a some of the other custom makers. Not many folks own one.

If you're enamored with it, isn't that the reason to get it? Gareth does good solid work. That one is priced right in the midrange where it should be. The only thing that would jack the price up to over $1200 would be the extra's; binding, end grafts, and particularly inlay. Then again, that's what usually separates locally built midrange from the high end.

Aaron

I did buy one for one of a member of our uke club in the past. It was an all koa super concert and it sounded very very nice. I find it very what I call classic uke sound...let say compare to a LFDM or MP ukes....

It was very lighted constructed so you can feel all the instrument vibration when you play with it...It sounded very crisp too...

Overall, it was a very nice instrument and Gareth is one of those good luthier in the industry..

Aloha,
I don't own one but seen and played one at Puapua in Waikiki last week with mmStan.
This one had the Hawaiian Islands for sound holes and had sand for rosettes around them.....very nice indeed.
Had a nice sound and played well..........but I got sticker shocked......whoa, too much for me.
For my ears, they all sound pretty much the same when the sticker price gets up there. So what puts one above the others? Ah dunno..........................................BO...............................

Top Bottom