FS: KoAloha Sceptre Tenor w/Factory Installed LR Bagg's 5.0 Pick-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupking

Reaction score
I purchased this KoAloha Sceptre tenor in late January and received it in mid-February of this year. I always wanted a Sceptre, which is designed to be a high g instrument, for something different to play, as I prefer low g tenors. However, I've come to find that as a result of it being so different from my other tenors, I just don't play it too much. I'd say that it has less than two hours of play time on it. I haven't even plugged it in yet either, as I don't have an acoustic amp on hand, so the pick-up battery has a full life span (which if I recall correctly is 300 hours?).

As said, it is essentially brand new, and I've decided to unload it rather than have it sitting around going unplayed. I bought it brand new through MGM at HMS, and I was told that Brian at KoAloha did the pick-up install, which took a few weeks to get done as I was informed KoAloha was really busy at the time.

I paid $1,245 for the whole package ($1,095 for the Sceptre and $150 for the pick-up and installation), and I'm asking $1,000 for Sceptre and deluxe hardshell Oahu case. I'll cover shipping and insurance to CONUS. I'd prefer to keep the sale within the US, but will consider overseas shipping if there's interest.

Only issue to note, if that's what it could be called, is some glue in the seam on the top by one on the Sceptre points, which has been pictured (in the first picture below on this post). According to MGM, "it should not become an issue." He said that if it were to open up, to then let them know. I've been monitoring it and it appears to me to be fine. In any event, this instrument is *not* a KoAloha "second," if that helps anyone distinuish its overall aesthetic condition. It's in the exact same condition as when I received it, brand new, and has been properly humidified for the duration my ownership of the instrument.

Here's a link to better pics:

http://photobucket.com/KoAlohaSceptre

Attachments

• photo-45.jpg
    photo-45.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 71
  • photo-44.jpg
    photo-44.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 89
  • photo-43.jpg
    photo-43.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 95
  • photo-35.jpg
    photo-35.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 114
Someone buy this so I can put in a deposit on a custom Compass Rose and then be done with uke-buying altogether.

gorgeous.... so you are finally selling this masterpiece.... good luck to the lucky owner.... can't go wrong with KoAloha!!! :D

I purchased this KoAloha Sceptre tenor in late January and received it in mid-February of this year. I always wanted a Sceptre, which is designed to be a high g instrument, for something different to play, as I prefer low g tenors. However, I've come to find that as a result of it being so different from my other tenors, I just don't play it too much. I'd say that it has less than two hours of play time on it. I haven't even plugged it in yet either, as I don't have an acoustic amp on hand, so the pick-up battery has a full life span (which if I recall correctly is 300 hours?).

As said, it is essentially brand new, and I've decided to unload it rather than have it sitting around going unplayed. I bought it brand new through MGM at HMS, and I was told that Brian at KoAloha did the pick-up install, which took a few weeks to get done as I was informed KoAloha was really busy at the time.

I paid $1,245 for the whole package ($1,095 for the Sceptre and $150 for the pick-up and installation), and I'm asking $1,000 for Sceptre and deluxe hardshell Oahu case. I'll cover shipping and insurance to CONUS. I'd prefer to keep the sale within the US, but will consider overseas shipping if there's interest.

Only issue to note, if that's what it could be called, is some glue in the seam on the top by one on the Sceptre points, which has been pictured (in the first picture below on this post). According to MGM, "it should not become an issue." He said that if it were to open up, to then let them know. I've been monitoring it and it appears to me to be fine. In any event, this instrument is *not* a KoAloha "second," if that helps anyone distinuish its overall aesthetic condition. It's in the exact same condition as when I received it, brand new, and has been properly humidified for the duration my ownership of the instrument.

Here's a link to better pics:

http://photobucket.com/KoAlohaSceptre

Keeping it. Got one offer from across the pond, but I would've had to eat the shipping and insurance, which just stretched the projected money loss too far for me. Still kicking myself about letting go a KoAloha concert in the marketplace here some months ago- that particular uke sold for a reasonable price in my opinion, but I've let too many go for too cheap here (my own dumb fault). If there's one thing I've learned on this uke journey, it's that KoAloha is pretty hard beat across the board. I thought this one would've generated more interest, at a 20% discount off the bat with the factory pick-up. It's no matter, though. I'm gonna go look up some old timey songs and bang around on it a bit in the basement. Cheers, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom