My KoAloha Concert arrived via Cymbalism Music this week!

hibiscus

Reaction score
I just can't verbalize how fantastic this ukulele sounds! I know it has been reviewed by many, so I think you probably have a good idea. Scott at Cymbalism Music orders the ukes straight from the factory, and Brian at KoAloha sets them up. I asked for a low action setup, and it plays like a dream. I'm not posting my personal ukelele, but it is absolutely beautiful! The newer ones have koa dots on/in the fretboard and a nice bridge. Here's one that looks almost exactly like mine!
Thanks Scott and Brian!!

9_b.jpg
12_b.jpg

O happy day, Hibiscus! I love the KoAloha sound.

The koa dots are quite interesting---I like them.

You know I've heard people talk about KoAloha forever and I didn't pay that much attention. Then just recently I visited Elderly Music which is just over an hour from my house and spent a whole day just playing all the ukuleles I could get my hands on and comparing them, Kamaka, Compass Rose, Collings, Martin, Kanilea, etc., both antique, and new models. At the end of the day it was a KoAloha concert that blew me away. I already have my dream concert so I didn't take it home that day, but now KoAloha is likely to be my choice for a tenor (which they didn't have in stock). It really had a completely different sound from all of the others. It sings. I had been playing the same tunes over and over all day to hear how each instrument sounded with the same music, and suddenly everyone in the room looked up when I started playing that KoAloha. Love it!
Oh, and the koa dots are cool, very different!

Thank you! And thanks pepa for the great sound review:cool: I am truly finished buying, and I have 4 wonderful instruments. I'm very fortunate. And yes, I like the dots, too!

Scott at cymbalism made my week too with the very same uke! I can't get enough of it! The koa dots are so cool

Wow, what a beauty! Congrats, Lady!

Looks great! I have a KoAloha tenor that arrived two weeks ago....just go buy it! It's great. I love the koa fret markings on yours!

That's a ukulele that you'll love a lifetime. Guaranteed. The Worth clears will sound great on that one too.

Congrats looks great & fun :)

Someone should really start a pickup thread in general would be cool :)

Congratulations and welcome to the KoAloha Ohana! You'll enjoy yours for a lifetime.

Congrats, Hibiscus on your new baby. I am waiting for my KoAloha also from Scott. He is great to work with. I am glad I ordered through him. I decided to go with the super concert since I already have my two tenors. Have fun!

The dots on the new koalohas are not koa....they are now using mango wood. Just thought you guys would like to know....have fun. Koalohas are the bomb...you gotta try the tenor neck soprano t2

lol glad to know about those lil dots! They sure look cool:cool:

Your very welcome Hibiscus and thank you and all of the other wonderful UU members who have become loyal customers of Cymbalism Music. We take great pride in representing KoAloha and all of the fine ukulele brands we carry to everyone at UU. Also FYI we just launched our new website at www.coolukes.com to give our ukuleles fans a more dedicated shopping experience. Same company, same low prices and same excellent service.

Thanks again,
Scott

Top Bottom