1950’s Favilla Baritone Ukelele

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1002

Reaction score
SOLD - 1950’s Favilla Baritone Ukulele

The most amazing 1950’s Favilla Baritone Ukulele ever! I’m looking for a good home for this fine piece of ukulele art. Are you the right person?

Serial Number 10014. The wood is mahogany, and has aged to a sweet patina.
This piece appears to be barely used. There is crazing in the finish but no finish is missing. As with anything 60 years old it does have a few minor dings and scratches but no cracks. See attached photos for the complete story....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18552203@N04/sets/72157627185831062/

Also Included is the original baritone method and song book, guarantee card, felt pick and several sets of vintage ukulele strings. The case even still has original packing material. Seriously, this ukulele was hardly used--perhaps it was a gift that went unappreciated---but today it is a gift to anyone with an eye for the beauty and happiness a ukulele can bring.

This ukulele is ready, cleaned and hand buffed to make the patina show its full luster ( I used Dunlop 65). The action was adjusted by my local luthier and is now .100 at the 12th and .03 at the 1st fret. Currently, it is strung with a full set of D’Addario classical guitar strings. I got this uke along with a soprano I really wanted. I just can't get used to the baritone tuning and it is too nice to just sit in a case so I decided to sell.

Price $475.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0508 1.jpg
    IMG_0508 1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Extras.jpg
    Extras.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 39
  • HeadStock.jpg
    HeadStock.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
That is one cool and very nice Favilla Baritone. I have one but it sure isn't that nice. The original extras are a nice add and surprised their still around. Good luck with the sale. Someone's gonna get a nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom