Why the sideways photos?

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
People, people, people!

PLEASE show a little class, and rotate your photos to the perpendicular before attaching them to your posts.

Steedy cannot tilt his head 90 degrees to view your sideways photos.

Thank you very much. :)

Just tilt your computer screen 90 degrees ;)

People, people, people!

PLEASE show a little class, and rotate your photos to the perpendicular before attaching them to your posts.

Steedy cannot tilt his head 90 degrees to view your sideways photos.

Thank you very much. :)

Perpendicular means that the uke should be viewed from a horizontal position?

With gloss finished instruments, a perpendicular shot is likely to give you a lot of reflections.

So, when you say "show a little class" do you mean Kindergarteners, or just a small number of kids?

With natural light and a satin finish, upright works great. But with gloss, not so much. The Kanilea here is not half as good looking in the pic as it is in real life. Here's vertical versus horizontal.

The horizontal works much better:

4901309223_e4ff9173ba_z.jpg

4901894264_7b79dd47e1_z.jpg

Somebody's a little grumpy today.

With gloss finished instruments, a perpendicular shot is likely to give you a lot of reflections.

With natural light and a satin finish, upright works great. But with gloss, not so much. The Kanilea here is not half as good looking in the pic as it is in real life. Here's vertical versus horizontal.

The horizontal works much better:

No, no, I didn't mean vertical versus horizontal ukuleles. I meant photos that are obviously turned on their sides and not properly oriented, like the following:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 017 (2).jpg
    017 (2).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Okay, let's try this again after using the magic "Rotate" function. (It's really very easy):

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 017 (2).jpg
    017 (2).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 6
No, no, I didn't mean vertical versus horizontal ukuleles. I meant photos that are obviously turned on their sides and not properly oriented, like the following:

Ah, that's what I get for only thinking I read the thread. My bad. I can only come up with that they don't know how to rotate an image.... or they haven't had a V8.

I feel like its deja vu all over again. There's a new Ohana thread that might be a Steedy-neck-cramper. :) I don't want to hijack the thread with gratuitous Kanile'a p***, but if you click on my sig, that's nothing, you should see the BACK of it.

Top Bottom