Any recommended strings for Oscarschmidt OU7?

eausofresh

Reaction score
I bought used Oscarschmidt OU7 and it's had Worth Clear strings. And for 6 months passed, I want to change it to another strings. Any recommendation? I prefer less tension, because high tensioned one hurts me.. Thanks! ;)

I have Martin Fluorocarbons on my Oscar Schmidt baritone. I would imagine it would work really well on any Oscar Schmidt.

They are mild tension, but have plenty of tone, volume and sustain. Definitely worth a try.
Make sure you get "Fluorocarbons" though. There are some other Martin strings, like "Crystal Nylon" which are reportedly not very good.

Aloha,
Koolau Alohi low g made my OS OU-4 sound great. Tension wise, not as high or uncomfortable as Aquilas.

On my OS OU6 I restrung from Aquila Nylguts to low-G Worth clear fluorocarbons. Now better volume and sustain on all strings, and the Worth's are somewhat thinner, which I find easier on the fingers.

Aquilas are the perfect candidate for most OS laminates. I have them on my OU5. I don't know what came on them, but I was ready to give it away until I tried a set of Aquilas. Sweet, resonant, well balanced sound, not real loud, but they do sound good plugged in.

Top Bottom