Ukulele & Hip Hop / Soul

watrr

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you have any resources for such a style. I'm a life long hip hop junkie(not that crap on the radio today) and soul music lover which lead me into blues and jazz and always loved hawaiian and reggae(i LOVE music) and just picked up the uke not too long ago. i'd really like to expand into these other genres, being able to create music is such a beautiful experience, and i'd like to add being able to play some of my favorite songs growing up

here is an example of something i'd like to venture into
a ukulele rendition of Tupac, I Ain't Mad At Cha

It's interesting this pops up, I'm going down that road right now. No other genre influences me more than hip hop and I'm currently dabbling into Eminem(my favorite), Snoop, Dre, Travvie Mccoy, Pac and some others. I'd say the biggest thing is you need to learn how to play by ear and then some music theory, and possibly get a uke teacher that encourages you to be original and do what influences you. The one thing about playing hip hop on the uke is there is not many people doing it, so you have to figure out songs by yourself. That video you posted is awesome btw.

I fully agree with you, I played band for two years in middle school and show choir for another so I have a little bit of background but I been going back and relearning theory in an attempt to be able to do exactly that.

Slightly related, I really liked this video, funny:

drbekken, that video is SO SICK!

ukuhippo, haha will smith is Always a blast, one of my favorite artists

ukecantdothat, oh my damn i'm def gonna look into his material.

Thank you guys all for the material, i'm excited!!!

Top Bottom