Flukes get no respect

puremarkska

Reaction score
Haha, Ok here it is, my Part 2 of my possibly ongoing multi-part series to help change peoples' minds about Flukes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAlA6Su6Zk

As I've been posting around here lately, it sort of feels like there's a stigma, especially in Hawaii, attached to owning a Fluke. A lot of people are all about the traditional-looking ukuleles, and I guess because Flukes don't look like the mini-guitars people expect, they feel like Flukes shouldn't be taken seriously. Personally, I think they're pretty awesome though, and I hope more people realize the potential that they have.

We're already pushing boundaries together here at UU, addressing songs that aren't traditionally played on ukulele and making it cool to be seen with a uke. This place is something I'm really glad to be a part of. Anyway, let me know what you think. Shooots.

I think I just creamed my pants...

man thats awesome! it's like watching a music video in a way lol. its always good to be different from the norm... when the next trend becomes owning a fluke, you can proudly say you were not a follower. lol

great job!

That was great!

I own a plum (poiple) Fluke. The color is like Farrington High School's maroon, so I want to put a Governor's decal on it. If anybody can tell me how to get that white "G," please let me know.

- Farrington grad

I think I just creamed my pants...
hey thats my quote! hahaha
Haha, Ok here it is, my Part 2 of my possibly ongoing multi-part series to help change peoples' minds about Flukes:

As I've been posting around here lately, it sort of feels like there's a stigma, especially in Hawaii, attached to owning a Fluke. A lot of people are all about the traditional-looking ukuleles, and I guess because Flukes don't look like the mini-guitars people expect, they feel like Flukes shouldn't be taken seriously. Personally, I think they're pretty awesome though, and I hope more people realize the potential that they have.

We're already pushing boundaries together here at UU, addressing songs that aren't traditionally played on ukulele and making it cool to be seen with a uke. This place is something I'm really glad to be a part of. Anyway, let me know what you think. Shooots.
you made me a believer in the first video. and now this. makes me wanna go and get a fluke now. but that doesnt take away from the fact that you are also one TALENTED individual.

well done, not a big fan of the song, but that was amazing. Everything sounded identical.

this is saweet! I know a lot of people that have the fluke it is loud.

oh cool now i know that the fluke could hang wit applauses (loudness wise) right?

Yeah. Unplugged, definitely. Flukes have got a lot of projection. Plugged, maybe, if you ordered yours with a good pickup.

And there's no way you can get the nice drum sounds on an Applause. I have tried, they're way too dense. :(

great job puremarkska, no matter that kind of uke you were playing!

Yeah. Unplugged, definitely. Flukes have got a lot of projection. Plugged, maybe, if you ordered yours with a good pickup.

And there's no way you can get the nice drum sounds on an Applause. I have tried, they're way too dense. :(

hey markska did you hear about the K & K soundboard, i think they replaced the fishman its wierd they have 2 kinds of soundboards for the fluke ones $60.00 and the other one is friken $165.00

Haha, yeah, I guess the K & K soundboard transducers are what they replaced the Fishmans with. They're virtually the same thing, just open-air pickups, sort of like that dean markley pickup that Aldrine showed in the accessories video, but mounted internally.

The "B-Band Undersaddle P-up with Pre-Amp and Vol. Cont" is the one you want, if you're going to be gigging. $165 is a lot of money though; but if I needed it, I think i would rather have it factory installed than installed by somebody else later. Plastic is a lot less forgiving than wood.

Wow, that was great! I like the percussion parts on the back of the Fluke! Nice editing!

Top Bottom