PDA

View Full Version : Tribal Theory & Almost Islanders, Next Friday October 24!

tribal_theory1
10-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Auuright!!!! Here we go everybody...AT LAST! It's Tribal Theory & Almost Islanders at the Little Italy Spaghetteria in downtown San Diego!! This is an ALL AGES SHOW! I repeat, an ALL AGES SHOW! Spread the word, let's make this show HUUUUUUUUUGE!:nana:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_dbab6982ebc046828f620b632727bab7.jpg

BUGOY
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
YESSSS! I CANNOT WAIT! :music:

dafamcallsmebj
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Sweeeeettttt!!!!!
Ill for sure make it to this show!!! :d

Britna
10-19-2008, 01:29 PM
=[
i'll be out of town. waaack. lol

BUGOY
10-19-2008, 01:59 PM
=[
i'll be out of town. waaack. lol
BOO to you! j/k! :D

thesoobz
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
ahhh! i wanna go! i might its my birthday.. haha so who knwos though. !! siiick

dafamcallsmebj
10-19-2008, 10:09 PM

dude soobz...
u gotta roll through!!
bring all your homies too!!
:music:

NukeDOC
10-20-2008, 07:19 AM
dude, celebrate your bday there!

tribal_theory1
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Everybody, we've really gotta pump this show up. If we can show that we can draw a lot of people, there's a better chance of it happening more often. Let your friends and family know. Pass the word on, post the flyer up any/everywhere you can. I'd really like to see a lot of the UU heads at the show, especially all the younger ones. This can be an unofficial UU San Diego meetup. Let's try to make this a more regular happening!

Britna
10-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Everybody, we've really gotta pump this show up. If we can show that we can draw a lot of people, there's a better chance of it happening more often. Let your friends and family know. Pass the word on, post the flyer up any/everywhere you can. I'd really like to see a lot of the UU heads at the show, especially all the younger ones. This can be an unofficial UU San Diego meetup. Let's try to make this a more regular happening!

I'mma post it on the space. ;]

thesoobz
10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
yo the cover charge is 8 bucks? cause i was thinking about jus thaving dinner there for my birthday but 8 bucks for everybody is kinda of a lot. HAAH

BUGOY
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
im guessing if you have dinner there before the show, you wont have to pay for cover. how can they charge you when you are already there? but dont take my word on it... its just a speculation. haha!

dafamcallsmebj
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
yeah soobz...
i my guess would be to get there around nine...
but like bugoy sed.. dont take my word on it!

Uke_Windu
10-23-2008, 06:44 AM
ok, so does anyone kno how busy it gets there?...jpango is graduating from school that night and we might come to watch the show and eat but we might ahve a party of like 25 people...do they have seating for that?...

tribal_theory1
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
ok, so does anyone kno how busy it gets there?...jpango is graduating from school that night and we might come to watch the show and eat but we might ahve a party of like 25 people...do they have seating for that?...

there should be room. it's a pretty big restaurant. not sure what time it gets busy, but it WILL be friday, so i'm guessing 6-7 is when they'd get busy for dinner. it's about 3 times the size of yokoz.

NukeDOC
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM
from what i hear, it can get real busy in little italy by night fall. especially on a weekend. so if you guys can get there early, then it would be beneficial.

not absolutely sure how the cover charges will be handled though. may wanna give em a call to see wassup.

Britna
10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
arrrrrrgh.

i wanna go.
you guys better take pics/videos!

dafamcallsmebj
10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
arrrrrrgh.

i wanna go.
you guys better take pics/videos!

will try my hardest!!

Britna
10-24-2008, 10:51 PM
so how'd it go?!

dafamcallsmebj
10-25-2008, 08:14 AM
so how'd it go?!

it was SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!
tribal theory tore it up!!!!

much thanks to them and poly underground for letting us perform!!!

BUGOY
10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
BEST TIME EVAR!!!

with a late start, some technical difficulties, and our set getting cut a little short... it all meant NOTHING to how much fun we had!!! :rock:

Tribal Theory... :bowdown: thats all i can say. thank you guys for giving us the opportunity.

tribal_theory1
10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
good job tonight guys! the turnout was awesome! we brought in more people this time than when we played with hiroots and island irie. you guys see how many morse alumni were reppin? it was crazy. i apologize for all the problems with the sound. it was the first time we'd ever tried to do sound for a full gig like this. our equipment it decent, but it sucks because we're still learning how to use it. we don't really have the fundage to provide a full-on sound set up, but i think we worked it out with what we had, especially after the kinks got worked out. last night was definitely a good gauge for how we're going to do things next time around.

almost islanders, thank you guys so much for making yourselves available. i'm glad we could give you guys the opportunity to play your first big show. there are defintely gonna be a lot more opportunities for us to do this in the future. especially with the turnout we had. the manager of the restaurant was asking us for an estimate for the turnout, beforehand. we told him we were hoping for 100. check this: together we brought in 120 heads that came to see both bands. that, and there were also 20 walk-ins. so a COUNTED total was 140 people. that doesn't even include the people that were there before we started taking count!

again, i apologize that we couldn't get started sooner. i really don't know why we were given such a hard time. we both had to cut our sets down, significantly. it seemed like we both had problems with the bass. the buzzing for you guys, and for us the bass amp decided not to work anymore. that started the decline of our set. but like i said before, we're going to be better educated next time around.

good job guys! we're going to be doin it again soon! :music:

BUGOY
10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
bro, you dont need to apologize for ANYTHING. but yes, we need to do this again!!!

and to those of you who have yet to see tribal theory perform, i suggest you do so because they EFFIN ROCK!!!!

dafamcallsmebj
10-25-2008, 06:24 PM
bro, you dont need to apologize for ANYTHING. but yes, we need to do this again!!!

and to those of you who have yet to see tribal theory perform, i suggest you do so because they EFFIN ROCK!!!!

yeah dom!!!
after all you guys did for us yesterday.. things were out of your guys' hands.. no need to be sorry!!! everything worked out right!!

and just like bugoy said... if you ever hae the chance to see tribal theory live DO IT!!!! they are the SHIZZNIT!!

Britna
10-25-2008, 07:19 PM
damn, way to make me jealous.

NukeDOC
10-27-2008, 07:39 AM
to tribal theory and polynesian underground, i must say THANKS!!! getting things to take off was a little stressful. but after that first strum... IT WAS ON! loved every second of it and i cant wait for the opportunity to do it again!

to everyone that came by to check us all out... YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON WE DO THIS! thank you SO MUCH! i have never seen so many people skankin to the music we were playing! i am now truly addicted to making you skank! hahaha.

to my boys, almost islanders... great job. pulled it off like we knew we could. and im proud to be part of it. now its time to get more songs on the repertoir!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_058c38ffd4bc494a9cef66d5e1957037.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/1/l_b0d57a1231924d4890d27282d0732a99.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_afb6b66a2d0e400b8c9a6480bfdd6dc5.jpg

Britna
10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
ugh. lol
:rock::rock::rock: