Stolen Instruments - Shelby Lynne

ckellogg

Reaction score
Saw this on CraigsList today and thought I'd share. This SUCKS. Hope we find these for her, somehow. Mods, feel free to move this post if it's on the wrong board (picking the right board is not in my skill set).

http://www.shelbylynne.com/stolen-shelby-lynne-guitars/

Here's the text that's at that link -

Stolen: Shelby Lynne Guitars
April 26th, 2012

Dear Friends,

After weeks of Shelby’s tour gear shipment being missing, it upsets us to report that it is now considered stolen. Every one of Shelby Lynne’s guitars and other items used on this last run did not return to her. The cartage company never received her items after her show in Virginia. Below is an itemized list and a few photos of the guitars. Please spread the word. Email us at stolenitems@shelbylynne.com with any information about the goods. There will be a reward offered to anyone with information leading to the recovery of the guitars. We are all hopeful for a happy ending and will be posting updates on the website and facebook. Please spread the word.

one (1) guitar-shaped blue Calton fiberglass guitar case, containing 1967 Gibson B-25
one (1) guitar-shaped black fiberboard guitar case wrapped with tape, containing 1968 Gibson B-25
one (1) guitar-shaped dark brown hard guitar case, containing 1995 Gibson AJ Acoustic
one (1) smaller guitar-shaped hard ukulele case, containing 1968 Martin Baritone Ukulele

That sucks. Unfortunately, if it's already been weeks...I doubt they will show up.

This is getting more and more common. I remember on the local news not too long ago someone stole an entire trailer full of musical equipment from a hotel parking lot. They got EVERYTHING. The local-ish band had to cancel the rest of their tour and broke up a few months later. What a shame.

I hope she had insurance on the instruments.

Gawd, what a bummer. The thieves are going to hell, for sure.

I saw that on my local Craigslist, too. Makes my heart hurt :(

So somewhere between packing it up and up to the point of going into the truck... someone has themselves a fabulous band setup. I guess they were too smart to use the local pawn shops then too?

Well that's that for those instruments then. :(

Top Bottom