New Uke Day!! Kamaka HF-1

kirbo

Reaction score
I've only been playing for a few months. I started with a no-name concert and then a month later I got a Kala KA-S. I told myself that if I was still playing in a year, I'd go ahead and get a Koaloha and if I was still playing in 5 years or so, I'd get a Kamaka or a Kanilea. Then I started browsing the Ukulele Marketplace and this HF-1 came up. I bought it and had it shipped to my brother in LA. There it sat in a dark closet for 3 weeks until today, when I had a friend bring it from LA to Taipei, Taiwan. So here are some pics. I love it.

BTW, the Koaloha and the Kanilea are still on my wish list. Maybe a Koaloha concert and a Kanilea tenor? Who knows, but it definitely won't be happening anytime soon. I'd have to come up with some very good reasons to persuade the wife why I'd need another uke.

photo7.jpg
photo6.jpg
photo5.jpg

Lovely! I bought a second uke about three weeks after my first one arrived, but I still find myself thinking about the next one... Kamaka is definitely on the "one to save up for" list.

Oh happy day! I wish you Kamaka joy.

In contrast to you, we have a Kanile'a concert, which is completely wonderful, and I regularly review the KoAloha tenors for sale.

Hi Kirbo

As someone who began their own confirmed journey towards a dream soprano today I can share your excitement and joy! I always rather fancied a HF-1. Hope it's wonderful for you

Ben

once you start playing amazing things on your kamaka then you'll be able to persuade your wife in song!

Really beautiful! Congrats and I'm sure you will have many happy days together! Thanks for sharing!

That's one good lookin' Kamaka!

Happy strumming!

Hey...congratulations!!! Welcome to the Klub!

Is that Aquila strings on your kamaka? meh... but congrats on your new uke!

Congrats!

someone needs to make a thread to put all the pickups on haha :p

Beautiful uke and good choice. Since I got my kamaka I have not found another uke that compares to it and UAS has become manageable. You will love it!

Congrats on the Kamaka!!!! can't go wrong with any of the 4 K's.... I recently upgraded to a KoAloha Tenor Thin Body!!!! I agree> Woo and persuade her in song... and pursue SAS (Song Acquisition Syndrome) or TAS (Technique Acquisition Syndrome); atleast that's what i tell myself and still find myself in the marketplace of UU and the fleamarketmusic site checking out the new posts... :p

Top Bottom