new threads

darkhorse

Reaction score
as a newbie it might be something to do with it but when I post a new thread I have to type in those 2 recaptcha words everytime...I usually have to refresh the image several times before I can understand the written words..Is this normal?

I can't remember if I had to do that when I started a thread (or two?) last week. I did notice a bunch of spam on the forum maybe a few days ago, so that's probably a response to the spam.

Yeah, sometimes I have to refresh captchas in general, but it's not so hard as to keep me from posting a thread if I really needed to. Personally, I'd probably rather have to do that every time if that's a good solution for keeping spam off the forum.

Are you guys staying logged in? You should NOT have to decipher captcha codes every time you post. There's a box you can check that says "Keep me logged in" or something similar. Check this and you'll get a cookie on your computer that keeps you logged in. Of course, make sure you have your cookies enabled.

If you're trying to log in from work, then there may be other issues, but generally this should keep you logged and and you can post any time without deciphering captcha.

Jason

@jason.. yep I'm logged in permanently,cookies enabled but still have to use the captcha box

Top Bottom