Ukulele World Congress?

Captain America

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this?

Last edited:
Oddly enough, hosted by the guy you are thinking of getting a uke from.

And in a related note, I just found out there are actually four different sizes of the uke.

AMAZING!

(sorry for the snark, but I couldn't resist)

Cut it out team. Someone didn't know something. They asked a reasonable question.
I live on the other side of the world, Capt America, so I know virtually nothing about The Ukulele World Congress except it happens and it looks like a lot of fun.

And in a related note, I just found out there are actually four different sizes of the uke.

AMAZING!

(sorry for the snark, but I couldn't resist)
You don't count the sopranino?

Is anyone familiar with this?

Oh yeah, last year was my first time. As soon as I got home I put in my vacation chit for this year - and I'm not your typical "joiner". :)

It's a pretty amazing, very non-commercial event. Folks literally from all over the world, though obviously the biggest turnout is from folks in reasonable weekend trip distance. People from all skill levels from "how do you tune this thing" to folks making their living on stage, all sitting around in circles jamming and jawing (and a bit of drinking) and just having a great time.

Open mic that lasts until the wee hours of the morning.

Free camping on site (no hookups but there are porta-johns).

If any of my grandkids graduate on a UWC weekend I'll have to attend the graduation via video. Just kidding...or am I...even I don't know LOL

John

Last edited:
This sounds like a pretty good deal; there's actually a lot of interesting stuff that way. Heck, it would be great to do a weeklong bike ride through southern Indiana: perfect, perfect setting for this.

It's beautiful country around there. I was surprised - it was my first visit to rural Indiana. Being born and raised out west I"ve always kind of thought of that whole part of the country as being kind of overpopulated but I guess that's because I've just flown over from big city to big city. :)

Top Bottom