Just Starting

liquid_wind

Reaction score
I ordered a ukulele just yesterday and I am wondering what are some beginner books that have some songs as well?

ive recently bought one too, ive just been following stuff ive found on youtube then finding the tabs online somewhere, and it works a treat so far. better than books IMO

Firstly the lesson vid's here on UU.

The the Lil' Rev Ukulele Method book in the Hal Lenord series for learning playin skills.

Jumpin Jim has ALOT of great books too.

Last edited:
I ordered a ukulele just yesterday and I am wondering what are some beginner books that have some songs as well?

I'd do as the others say and check out all of the videos on here. I've bought a few books and none of them have been particularly helpful! The best way I've learned is to check out the videos here and work from there, it's much better than reading it from a book. The best plan is to pick a song you really like then learn that by looking at youtube videos of people playing it and use a tab (like sheet music that doesn't require you to be able read music) to work through it. That way you'll learn a lot quicker.

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly the lesson vid's here on UU.

The the Lil' Rev Ukulele Method book in the Hal Lenord series for learning playin skills.

Jumpin Jim has ALOT of great books too.

I second the jumpin Jim books and also join a uke club in your neighbourhood/city if you have one. Each uke club I think have there own uke book of songs that are quite simple (your G, C, A,Am,F,etc) and super fun to play. I recently joined the uke club here I went to 1 meeting and I can't wait for the next one (uke meets once a month).

and its been said already but check out the uke tabs thread and use the search function if you have to. everyone's here to help eachother out !!!:)

The nice part about having a few books is that I don't get WIFI coverage at the Dog Park or in the Mountains and I don't have to carry my laptop around when the other half goes shopping!!!!!!

Top Bottom