Best Tuner made specifically for the 'Ukulele?

beginnerukeman143

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys would reccomend. for some reason it bothers me to have to come out of my bedroom every time I want to tune up (which isn't often but still :p)

so, I have seen the Snark tuner, (plus it's on sale on amazon) and is this tuner okay?

if not what would you Reccomend?

P.S I know I have been posting a lot of Question threads, but I have a lot of questions, since I think I'm moving from the "Beginner" stage, to the "still beginner, but kinda good" stage :p

I really don't see the need for an uke-specific tuner. A have the red Snark that's chromatic (can be used with any instrument). It has the advantage of both mic and clip modes, plus it has a built-in metronome (not that I've used that feature, but it's nice to have). :)

I have been trying to answer that question, and I have a collection. My newest additions are a Planet Waves mini headstock sooner (available through UU store and other fine retailers- but support UU) and a Snark SN-8 Super Tight. I also have a Kala KC02 and an Intelli IMT-900 (a great tuner in its day).

Which is best? It depends on what you want. Do you want invisible? Go Planet Waves. That thing is so small! Do you want a metronome? Go Snark. There is nothing wrong with the Kala, it is a rock solid good tuner. I would not buy the Intelli because it is too old.

These days all of these tuners work really well, there will not be one leaps-and-bounds better than another. So what distinguishes them is your individual goals. If your only goal is something to tune your instrument, then any of them will suffice.

I got a Snark SN-6 as a freebee with an ukulele purchase.
I just got it today so I can't judge the reliability but I love it. It's billed as an ukulele tuner but it's chromatic so it will tune whatever you can clip it to. The dial is what I like best. I find it super easy to read.
Mine came without a battery for some reason so a trip to the dollar store was needed to get going. I don't know if that is the norm or not.
I've been using an Intellitouch (I think it's a PT-1), and I don't care for it. It's big and does not clip well to small instruments.

another +1 snark.

What about the Peterson stroboclip? It has an "Ukulele Sweetener" which you can use, or not. It's also that most accurate clip-on tuner on the market.

What about the Peterson stroboclip? It has an "Ukulele Sweetener" which you can use, or not. It's also that most accurate clip-on tuner on the market.
It's also, what... like 5-6 times as expensive?

For the average person here, I'd recommend the Snark.

Snark!

I'm giving one away on Got A Ukulele at the moment too.

Snarks are fine but If you are asking for the best tuner put there I would say its the Peterson tuner, but Alas, it's $60!

Top Bottom