Firefly Banjo Uke , Walnut neck, wood fretboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
I traded for this here from another UU'er. Selling because I'm just not playing it. too many ukes, too little time.it's used , but in very good shape. only obvious flaws I see are 2 little nicks on top of headstock, see pict of back of neck, very minor. comes with firefly denim gigbag.
This new from FM would be $179+$50 for wood fretboard +$39 for gigbag=$268 + shipping. I'll sell it for $195 shipped CONUS, forgot to take pict with UU and strumsilly. will post later. Thinking of getting another bari for a different tuning, so if you have a bari to trade of equal or lesser value, let me know and maybe we can work something out.
DSC03339.jpgDSC03336.jpgDSC03338.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03335.jpg
    DSC03335.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03337.jpg
    DSC03337.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal.
I love mine and recommend it to anyone who wants to dabble in the world of banjodom.

I was very happy with the firefly I played. I think they are a great value and so lightweight.

yea, I had a Goldtone and it weighed a ton, had to use a strap . this isn't quite as loud, but that's a good thing when it comes to banjo ukes, I even put a bit of foam against the head to mute it a little and control overtones.

Is this a concert scale?

It was Dave Means who coined that term for an in-between-soprano-&-concert ukulele. He builds his Mezzos with a 14 1/8" scale. Prior to that, Larrivee ukes were being built with a 14 1/8" scale, and of course Fleas already had a 14" scale. That range is just perfect, in my opinion.

I wish Dave well, he has actually re-married and told me recently he actually hopes to start taking orders soon. (Great News for the Ukulele World!)

But I like a 12" scale the most! But of course, I play an 11" scale Pocket Uke every day. It makes my KoAloha Noah seem big, and a (regular scale) soprano seem like a tenor...

:D

Hey Strumsilly, I'm not really into banjo ukes but I am curious about something - what's the deal with the picture of the foam between the head and the wood piece that runs under the head - seems like that would seriously deaden the sound - was that something you did to decrease volume?

Thanks,
John

it does mute the sound some, but it gets rid of the overtones. if you play a banjo uke without some kind of mute you usually get them. Ith sounds fine without it, I just thought it sounded better with it .

Hey if I could find a person interested in a Goldtone Banjo uke I have, mint cond with nice case I would get this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom