WTB: Brüko?

ChrisRCovington

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been thinking about picking up a Brüko for a while now. Either a 4, 5 or 6 since I like sopranos so much. It's sort of a pain to order from Germany though and I thought I'd ask here if anyone has one they might be willing to part with for a decent price. Please let me know what you have and how much you want, maybe we can work a deal?

Thanks!
Chris

Hello all,

I've been thinking about picking up a Brüko for a while now. Either a 4, 5 or 6 since I like sopranos so much. It's sort of a pain to order from Germany though and I thought I'd ask here if anyone has one they might be willing to part with for a decent price. Please let me know what you have and how much you want, maybe we can work a deal?

Thanks!
Chris

Not used...But I know UkeRepublic has one. Pretty nice little uke.

:agree:

I bought one from Uke Republic just last month (a # 6), and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to pick one up used if I can. I might end up buying new if I have to though.

Best regards,

hey Chris, it's a flat rate shipping charge of 55 euros to get to you in the States (67 to Oz). And the thing is, if you don't want a standard #5 or #6, they'll custom build one for you with your own choice of woods and body dimensions...flat or arched back...binding etc at A VERY SMALL extra cost. Definitely worth emailing Hubert Pfeiffer if you have something in mind...He is easy going and pleasant to deal with and very prompt with his replies.

^^What he said^^

My thin bodied no.5 is far and away my favourite uke. I can't believe how cheap most far eastern ones that sell for about the same price feel when you put them next to each other.

I have a thin-bodied #5 as well. Black. Fremont blacklines. It doesn't even have fret markers.

It's the ninja of sopranos.

A couple of ideas:

1. Jon is right -- talk with Herr Pfeiffer. Even if you don't end up buying new, he's a very interesting, very kind man.

2. Bruko's show up on eBay every once in a while (a #5 just sold for something ridiculous, like $62), but the name is often mis-spelled. I'd search for Bruko, Brueko, Brukko, you get the idea.

I'll keep a weather eye for ya.

A couple of ideas:

1. Jon is right -- talk with Herr Pfeiffer. Even if you don't end up buying new, he's a very interesting, very kind man.

2. Bruko's show up on eBay every once in a while (a #5 just sold for something ridiculous, like $62), but the name is often mis-spelled. I'd search for Bruko, Brueko, Brukko, you get the idea.

I'll keep a weather eye for ya.

Herr Pfieffer is very nice. I have an older Bruko. The bridge was badly damaged. I wrote asking if I could buy a replacement. He sent me two, for free. I actually have two Brukos, a soprano and a baritone. They are both very cool instruments: they have a unique sound. Also, the soprano neck is not tapered, so there is plenty of room at the first fret.

Why is it a pain ordering from Germany? Germany is actually closer to you than Barrow, Alaska (and it doesn't have quite as many vampires).

Why is it a pain ordering from Germany? Germany is actually closer to you than Barrow, Alaska (and it doesn't have quite as many vampires).

I wish UU had a like button for this post...or more appropriately, a HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA button. :D

As for the rest of the thread, good luck bidding. That's a nice looking baritone.

It pains my wallet. 55,00 € ($71, £44) is a lot of money to pay for shipping when most domestic shipping is 1/3rd or 1/4th of that. What type of vampire sparkled or scary?

Last edited:
It pains my wallet. 55,00 € ($71, £44) is a lot of money to pay for shipping when most domestic shipping is 1/3rd or 1/4th of that. What type of vampire sparkled or scary?

I see your point. It is why I myself tend not to buy much from the USA.

Be aware that Brukos are an acquired taste. I like them, but a lot of people don't. The tone is different from pretty much any other uke. the other thing to think about is that on a no.6, for instance, the saddle is part of the bridge and is not easily adjustable. And the action is rather higher than most US uke players like. Great if you like a high action and an unusual tone (I do).

It is expensive to ship overseas even if you might be geographically closer (Jamaica is much closer than California to me but it costs much more to ship from there, go figure!?).

I don't think I'll be finding a local Brüko any time soon besides the baritone on ebay (still gonna bid on that). I just ordered a No. 6 from Thomann (mostly because the shipping was 1/2 of what Brüko charges). I am excited to receive it. I really enjoy the sound I've heard online and want to hear for myself. I like that the company is family run, uses all solid woods and keeps their prices (well minus the shipping anyway) competative with East Asian exports. I'll post my thoughts about it when it gets here. I still might be interested in another model Brüko besides the No. 6 if someone is tired of theirs (the old 3 and 4 look cool and i like maple).

At least to the US the shipping is 25,00€ less. I'll take whatever break I can get. The funny thing is the DHL tracking site says "The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin" and it states that the city is Kitzingen. I wonder if it is shipping stright from the factory anyway?

It pains my wallet. 55,00 € ($71, £44) is a lot of money to pay for shipping when most domestic shipping is 1/3rd or 1/4th of that. What type of vampire sparkled or scary?[/QUOT

The Brüko #6 is $108.40 euros. Add the shipping cost to that and the cost in American dollars is $211.60 shipped. Great price for a great ukulele.

Top Bottom