FS: Favilla Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdukes

Reaction score
Here's a terrific Favilla I purchased last summer from another UU member. Here's the history highlights paraphrased from the original posting: Was gone over by luthier Stephen Brown at Acoustic North in Belfast, Maine. A couple of top cracks were repaired and a back brace was replaced. All work professionally attended to with the uke coming out of the operation structurally sound and ready to please. Finish is crazed and missing in spots and appropriate to age. (Wait, that could be describing me.) Ebony strap button installed with leather grommet. Comes with new, locking hard case.

Sounds fantastic. Great sustain, nice deep tone, and very easy playing. Currently strung with Southcoast linears tuned GCEA.

If you've never heard of the Favilla Bros just look them up and read about a great American builder of stringed instruments.

The why I'm selling answer? I'm shaking up the collection, nothing more. I've found myself playing almost exclusively my Kamaka HF-3 and a strong preference for the tenor size, so a few of my ukes are not getting any love. Besides, after the thinning of the herd, I'll still have 5 ukes. I think I'll be ok, but thank you in advance for the cards and letters. :)

Asking price is $400 shipping included in CONUS. Thanks for looking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25773163@N08/6983290726/in/set-72157629935240463/lightbox/

Last edited:
If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be coming over to check out that gorgeous uke. Best of luck with your sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom