FS: Mainland Red Cedar Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdukes

Reaction score
< The uke has been sold. Thanks for all the interest. >

Here's a sweet sounding Mainland Red Cedar concert. Like many of my ukes, this was purchased while traveling. I had a bad habit of not taking a uke with me so when I arrived someplace, my free time would be spent hunting uke. I downed this creature in NYC last year.

Currently strung with Fremont Blacklines, it has a pleasing plucky and full tone suited to well... whatever you like to play. Let's get back on track and talk about condition.

Given the Zapruder-film-like attention many of us uke obsessed folks will give marketplace photos, I tried to make it simple and capture accurately this uke. It is pretty much in the same shape as when I bought it, but a couple of things bear highlighting. There is a slight indentation or depression that looks like a fat worm sat on the uke. I circled it in red. It's about an inch long and difficult to see unless you're looking for it. It was there when I got it home and red cedar is soft so it's not surprising. Also there is a 1 cm finish-only straight-line split that's between the end of the fretboard to the rope rosette. I want to stress, it's in the finish only. That's marked with an arrow. Whew, that felt good to get off my chest. :) Equipped with gold sealed tuners with ebony buttons. Also comes with one of those semi-hard Uke Crazy cases.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25773163@N08/6983226542/in/set-72157629570655118/lightbox/

Asking $225 shipped within the CONUS. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom