"It Had To Be You"

H

Hippie Dribble

1924. music Isham Jones; lyrics Gus Kahn.

sweet and sad; a popular standard from the jazz era, the song has been recorded by many wonderful artists, notable among them Cliff Edwards, Paul Whiteman, Petula Clark, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Tony Bennett and Victor Young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVs8O5LBdMQ

thanks for watching gang! :)

My favorite of what you've done. Nice tune and interpretation, and beautiful setting---it could be an album cover.

thanks a lot Cam, Dave, Ginny and ca...lovely song for sure, eh. Trying to talk eugenie into singing another one at the moment, we'll see what comes of it! Cheers for your encouraging words guys, I appreciate it a lot, thankyou :)

Wow loved your amazing rendition of an old time favorite of mine...keep them coming .
also loved the tree blooming behind you..what is it? thank you for sharing...

Wow loved your amazing rendition of an old time favorite of mine...keep them coming .
also loved the tree blooming behind you..what is it? thank you for sharing...

hi Stan, thanks for the nice comment Bruddah. The tree behind me is actually a Japanese Maple...always looks really pretty this time of year. Alas, the leaves don't stay on for long once they change into that beautiful colour...as the Winter creeps in.

Great job on another great old standard. I always enjoy the background views around your farm. Thanks.

Top Bottom