WTB Pono Slothead Tenor

scdano

Reaction score
Mahogony top preferred, but I'd consider spruce. A little wear is OK,
As long as it's in solid shape. Thanks

Hawaii Music Supply has a bunch of them they just got in. Unfortunately, the price just ljumped (like it has for many ukuleles). Do check out HMS, though. Maybe if you call Music Guy Mike or Andrew they will have a blem, I don't know.

I own two (maple spruce and rosewood cedar) and love them like twin daughters. Fraternal, not identical.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard plenty of good things about the Pono Tenors, but there are a couple of nice KoAloha Tenors
out there in about the same price range, which is about the limit of my budget. I've got a Kamaka Tenor (white
label) so I'm looking for a semi high-end uke to compliment it. Any thoughts on the KoAloha vs the Pono?

Pono vs. KoAloha... 2 Different ukes. My Pono MHTSH is a warm, kind of punchy instrument. The KoAloha's I've played have been louder than my Kamaka Tenor w/ a little more punch, but not as warm/bell like as the Kamaka.

I've got a KoAloha in my sights that I want to use as my Low G instrument :)

Yeah, I've heard plenty of good things about the Pono Tenors, but there are a couple of nice KoAloha Tenors
out there in about the same price range, which is about the limit of my budget. I've got a Kamaka Tenor (white
label) so I'm looking for a semi high-end uke to compliment it. Any thoughts on the KoAloha vs the Pono?

I haven't played either instrument, but both are beautiful and are high quality, but KoAloha's seem to be known for their great sound and playablity.

Top Bottom