PDA

View Full Version : Next San Jose Meet Up and Jam! 11/23

dinkadink
10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey all! So, we had so much fun a couple of weeks ago that we're doin' it again on November 23rd. That's a Sunday- from noon to 4pm. It will be at the same place: The Poor House Bistro (91 S. Autumn Street, San Jose). The staff there raved about us to management and they want us to come back.

I know I'll be less nervous this time around having met a bunch of you in person already.

So, pack up your ukes and head to San Jose on November 23rd! I'd love to triple the attendance this time, so we can triple the fun! I should have some videos up soon of the last jam...

See you all in SJ!
-Heather

Fred Miu
10-20-2008, 01:01 AM
id love to go, but i will be in TN for a college walkthrough. i will arrange one when i get back as well. hope you guys have fun.

the new guy
10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Count me in!

dbcali
10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
i'll be there...donny

IamRobbyah
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Well, I requested it off, so hopefully I'll make it this time! Hopefully I can drag along some north bay braddas.

Shoots, I guess I betta practice now...

Should we pick some choices for songs? That way we can print out music and let everyone have a copy to try an sing along wid. Just a suggestion.

the new guy
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
that sounds great man. hey heather can i do another set? ill print out some lyrics and stuff too.

TsouL
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
im in fasho i might be able to bring some people

dinkadink
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I requested it off, so hopefully I'll make it this time! Hopefully I can drag along some north bay braddas.

Shoots, I guess I betta practice now...

Should we pick some choices for songs? That way we can print out music and let everyone have a copy to try an sing along wid. Just a suggestion.

Yes!!! That's a great idea!

that sounds great man. hey heather can i do another set? ill print out some lyrics and stuff too.

Of course, Ed!! If anyone wants to do a more "formal" set like that, let me know. But, like last time, we'll open the mic up if anyone wants to do a song. We all got a lot less shy after some beers, and just about everyone got on stage at one point or another! And I'll ask Jay for more microphones this time. Two wasn't quite enough.

mani saguana
10-21-2008, 11:30 AM
ah I went last time but didn't have a ukulele so I just watched and ate and now this time I'm gonna be out of town.

bad luck I guess

the new guy
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes!!! That's a great idea!

Of course, Ed!! If anyone wants to do a more "formal" set like that, let me know. But, like last time, we'll open the mic up if anyone wants to do a song. We all got a lot less shy after some beers, and just about everyone got on stage at one point or another! And I'll ask Jay for more microphones this time. Two wasn't quite enough.

thanks Heather.

bluetoes
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I'll be there! What group songs are we doing? I probably need to start practicing soon.

clevacheva
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
i might be able to go to this, but i don't know how to get tehre from san jose state..

IamRobbyah
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I'll be there! What group songs are we doing? I probably need to start practicing soon.

Start throwin out suggestions!

A given: Honey Baby...

I'll sing "Stuck on You" as covered by Ekolu (cuz thas the only song that I can kinda do)

If Mike (HeavyJumbo) goes again, I'm sure there'll be a lotta popular jawaiian songs. Les jus get a consensus goin eh?

TsouL
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
ah I went last time but didn't have a ukulele so I just watched and ate and now this time I'm gonna be out of town.

bad luck I guess

the uke gods are punishing you!!!!!:D

bluetoes
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
i might be able to go to this, but i don't know how to get tehre from san jose state..

I'm coming from campus too. Last time I took the light rail from the Paseo de San Antonio station. It's the one heading towards Winchester, get off at the San Fernando station. From there it's just about a block or two. Let me know if you need better directions.

yp983
10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm coming from campus too. Last time I took the light rail from the Paseo de San Antonio station. It's the one heading towards Winchester, get off at the San Fernando station. From there it's just about a block or two. Let me know if you need better directions.

I am pretty sure I will be able to come, and I am open to picking anyone up from the area who needs rides...just let me know who and where.

the new guy
10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
alright Jakes coming out again. wat songs u gonna WOW us with this time mr i only know 3 songs

yp983
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
alright Jakes coming out again. wat songs u gonna WOW us with this time mr i only know 3 songs

haha....well to be honest I really only know the 3 pieces I played last time...and also the star spangled banner. I'll see if I can't get at least one other piece to play so I don't start sounding like a record player.

clevacheva
10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
thanks bluetoes

the new guy
10-24-2008, 11:58 AM
heather,

r they gonna have the same kona specials?

jjsdad
10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll try to make it! Thanks for organizing this. :rock:

dinkadink
10-25-2008, 01:24 PM
heather,

r they gonna have the same kona specials?

I hope so! I'll tell him that was a huge hit! Oh, and a side note: he and I were talking yesterday- he wants to do a Barack n Blues party the weekend after Election night. If anyone's interested! It's not a Uke thing, but he always has amazing live blues on the patio!

I'll be sure to get the Kona Beer message to him! $3/bottle or $10 for a bucket of four!!! That was rad.

russ_buss
11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
yay, another SJ jam! last one was so fun. count us in!

(will keep fingers crossed for kona beer specials :))

thanks for setting this up, Heather!

HeavyJumbo
11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey All...

I'm hoping I can go...I've got a trip out of town planned, but if it falls through, I'm there!! Hope all is well with you guys!

Later,
Mike

the new guy
11-07-2008, 09:17 AM
i finally put up some videos from the last jam on youtube. check them out on my youtube page www.youtube.com/emiles1020

russ_buss
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
i finally put up some videos from the last jam on youtube. check them out on my youtube page www.youtube.com/emiles1020

thanks for posting the videos Ed! what a good time that was!

IamRobbyah
11-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Cool vids! Thanks for posting! Makes me look even more forward to the next meet! I just really hope my manager gives me the day off...

russ_buss
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Cool vids! Thanks for posting! Makes me look even more forward to the next meet! I just really hope my manager gives me the day off...

you must go Robby! beers are on me.:)

IamRobbyah
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
:D well, i got the action fixed and new strings... jus practicin here an there - so needless to say, I cant wait!!!

Hopefully Ray might tag along as well

dinkadink
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Ed! Love the videos! Brought it back like it was the same day! Dave's videos are still coming... we've been a smidge busy....

SO! NEXT SAN JOSE UKE JAM/MEET UP/FUN/DRINK FEST IS APPROACHING!

I've been swamped with work, but am so excited about this one!!!

Let's get a list going- who's coming? who wants to perform? I know the amazing Russell and the amazing Ed and Eric are in... anyone else? I'm gonna do some stuff.... god help me..... and I hope to see Young perform as well! jjsdad- the song you did last time was hysterical- we hope you'll do more this time and repeat that last one.

And, like last time, we'll open the mic for anyone who gets brave after a couple of beers.

xoxo
-Heather

IamRobbyah
11-13-2008, 07:11 PM
she said smidge... lol :p

Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Sir Russle

copy an paste yall

the new guy
11-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Sir Russle

copy an paste yall

im definately going, i think my cuzin james told his ukulele club about it too.

dbcali
11-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Sir Russle
the new guy
donnyb

TsouL
11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
unfortunatley i cant go nomore=( i got family issues

dinkadink
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Sir Russle
the new guy
donnyb

Could we possibly have fewer people than last time?? I hope not! How many people you bringing this time Ed? You filled up the place with just your peeps!

Add your name to the Roll Call if you haven't yet! I have a bunch of friends coming, but they aren't Uke players. They're lively though!

Can't wait to see you all on Sunday! -Heather

dinkadink
11-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Sir Russle
the new guy
donnyb
bluetoes
yp983

Maybe's....

clevacheva
jjsdad
HeavyJumbo

I hope the "maybe's" can make it! This is a good crowd so far since I know I am bringing at least 6 to 10 people, and I know Ed will bring a bunch of folks. Hoping some Santa Cruz people will show again also. Hooray! Sunday is soon!
-Heather

russ_buss
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
lets make this a good one guys! come out bay area people!!!!

Roll Call:

Rob (as long as I'm off)
Heather
Ed
Russell + Trina
the new guy
donnyb
bluetoes
yp983

Maybe's....

clevacheva
jjsdad
HeavyJumbo

bluetoes
11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all again. One of my guitar playing friends might drop by, I hope that's okay. See you Sunday!

the new guy
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Could we possibly have fewer people than last time?? I hope not! How many people you bringing this time Ed? You filled up the place with just your peeps!

Add your name to the Roll Call if you haven't yet! I have a bunch of friends coming, but they aren't Uke players. They're lively though!

Can't wait to see you all on Sunday! -Heather

the same people r coming with me and i have another singer coming along im trying to see if i can get other people to come out. also i had my cuzin james bring it up at his ukulele club meeting so hopefully some of them will come out

clevacheva
11-19-2008, 08:01 AM
i hope to make it

the new guy
11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
wat time is everyone gonna be there? im gonna try to go early be there around 11

russ_buss
11-23-2008, 06:04 AM
we're aiming to get there around 11:30am. see you guys later! i promised Robby beer so i best hit the ATM.

oh yeah, there's 5 of us coming from SF. carpooling and singing mraz songs the whole way!

TsouL
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
aww im so bummed i couldn't make it had issues with the fam=(

clevacheva
11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
man i wish i could have gone. my parents came up to visit so icouldn't

jjsdad
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Heather,

Thanks again for organizing this. You're totally awesome and can really sing! Your band really rocked, too! But, to be honest, I was very intimidated after that. :( Or maybe I was really intimidated because you put me right after Young. ;) That guy is amazing and I hope someone recorded him and posts on You Tube. :bowdown:

But, I had a great time listening to wonderful acts at all different levels. I even enjoyed embarrassing myself, too. Thanks again!

To everyone else,

Great to meet you all again. I'm really bad with names, so if I didn't I address you by name, I'm really sorry. Thanks Trina for using your iPhone and thanks Jamie and Heather for the scrap paper so I could log onto the Internet and write down the words to Spam Musubi which I printed out earlier but forgot at home. With your help, I was still able to embarrass myself once again.

Hope to see everyone again!

kyle
11-23-2008, 10:00 PM
argh i wish i could've gone... got tied up with school work

dinkadink
11-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Heather,

Thanks again for organizing this. You're totally awesome and can really sing! Your band really rocked, too! But, to be honest, I was very intimidated after that. :( Or maybe I was really intimidated because you put me right after Young. ;) That guy is amazing and I hope someone recorded him and posts on You Tube. :bowdown:

But, I had a great time listening to wonderful acts at all different levels. I even enjoyed embarrassing myself, too. Thanks again!

To everyone else,

Great to meet you all again. I'm really bad with names, so if I didn't I address you by name, I'm really sorry. Thanks Trina for using your iPhone and thanks Jamie and Heather for the scrap paper so I could log onto the Internet and write down the words to Spam Musubi which I printed out earlier but forgot at home. With your help, I was still able to embarrass myself once again.

Hope to see everyone again!

Jeremy! You were fabulous last time, and equally so this time! The Spam Masubi song was hysterical! Made me wanna run out and get some. Oh, how I love that stuff! And the Hawaiian number was beautiful! I'll see if I can get Dave to post the vids today. We watched the whole thing last night when we got home right off the camera. What a good day. Thanks so much for coming! You were a highlight of the day! -Heather

DECEMBER 21ST IS NEXT!!!! A hard day, I know. Christmas week. But it's just a heads up for the masses!

deach
11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
VIDZ!!! please!!!!!

russ_buss
11-24-2008, 06:17 AM
thanks for organizing another great event Heather! yesterday was so fun and it was cool that more folks performed this time. your band rocked!

great to see everyone again.:)

russ_buss
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
here's a quick video that my wife got with my camera. Heather rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ukz59Q1AU

bluetoes
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks again, Heather! It was fabulous. And thanks again everyone else for the massive support and the many free beers. Wish I could come next month, you'll have to post lots of videos.

IamRobbyah
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
When I grow up, I wanna play like Yung!

I <[sa rang hae]3 Yung!

Nice meeting you all! Thanks for enduring my terrible performance... :(
I'm more suited for the circle jam...

Nice meeting you all. Thanks for the free beer!

the new guy
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
yesterday was a lot of fun thanks heather for putting it together. ill have pics and vids up maybe later today or tomorrow. and like rob i wanna play like like yung one day san joses own version of jake.

the new guy
11-24-2008, 01:29 PM
oh yeah and heather u and ur band was bad ass.

dinkadink
11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
oh yeah and heather u and ur band was bad ass.

Thanks Ed! You guys rocked as usual!

And we're doing it again on Sunday, Dec. 21st! I'm working on a whole bunch of surprises for this one! Will keep you all posted!
-Heather

yp983
11-24-2008, 02:38 PM
yesterday was a lot of fun thanks heather for putting it together. ill have pics and vids up maybe later today or tomorrow. and like rob i wanna play like like yung one day san joses own version of jake.

Haha, you guys are ridiculous. Thanks anyways. I am always down to jam, so let me know!

-Young

russ_buss
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Haha, you guys are ridiculous. Thanks anyways. I am always down to jam, so let me know!

-Young

i liked it when Young showed up and everyone yelled "JAKE!".

you're awesome dude. it was cool when your friend jumped in on guitar too. great stuff!

IamRobbyah
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
So, as I left Russ's house, I somehow grabbed the wrong, yet identical uke bag.

My poor Jem (no, not Jim, putang ina! Hindi bakla ako!!) is stuck with Russ - Lord knows what terrible atrocities are taking place...

At least I have a concert size to jam on now =]

the new guy
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
My poor Jem (no, not Jim, putang ina! Hindi bakla ako!!) is stuck with Russ - Lord knows what terrible atrocities are taking place...

haha JIM... "Oh Jim" haha.

so anyways i was looking thru the pictures from yesterday and i just realized i forgot to take a group picture before i left. maybe next time ill remember. hope to see all u of u again at the next one. russ we should do a song together. maybe hotel california again?

ill upload the pictures tomorrow on my profile.

russ_buss
11-25-2008, 06:38 AM
So, as I left Russ's house, I somehow grabbed the wrong, yet identical uke bag.

At least I have a concert size to jam on now =]

sorry Robby, i took Jem to Ranch 99 and traded her for a whole lechon and a 2 liter of diet dr. pepper.

enjoy the ohana uke!

haha JIM... "Oh Jim" haha.

so anyways i was looking thru the pictures from yesterday and i just realized i forgot to take a group picture before i left. maybe next time ill remember. hope to see all u of u again at the next one. russ we should do a song together. maybe hotel california again?

ill upload the pictures tomorrow on my profile.

sure thing Ed, you pick the song, i'll try my best not to stink it up.

i'll be posting some photos today as well.

dbcali
11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
hey guys and gals...what a fun-filled jam last sunday...i thought i enjoyed it the first time but this was even betta...great stuff!! hopefully i can muster up enough courage to drag my sorry butt over and do a piece but i'd rather listen to y'all!! yeah, that's my excuse...but seriously, everyone was awesome, including you, bluetoes...:-) and heather and her boys...what can i say? rocked the poor house bistro's down...

rayan
11-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Pix?????????

the new guy
11-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Pix?????????

haha. shoot i forgot to put those up. ill start uploading my pics rite now

the new guy
11-28-2008, 09:45 AM
alright i got the pics up on my profile. sorry i didnt take as many pics this time tho.

russ_buss
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
thanks for posting the pics Ed!

here's an easy link to Ed's photos:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=114

and here are mine:
http://picasaweb.google.com/russellgong/SanJoseUkuleleJam#

good times!

the new guy
11-28-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks for the pics russ

dinkadink
11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey all! Look how much fun we had! Can't wait until December 21st!!!

Thanks for watching, and thanks to all for coming to the funnest day in history!!!

-Heather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSVLlnkG9ic

russ_buss
11-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey all! Look how much fun we had! Can't wait until December 21st!!!

Thanks for watching, and thanks to all for coming to the funnest day in history!!!

-Heather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSVLlnkG9ic

holy cheebus! great job on the video Heather! thanks so much for putting that together.:bowdown:

Dominator
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
That was awesome Heather. I really hope I can make the next one in December. What a blast you guys were having.

iamjamesmiles
12-13-2008, 09:44 AM
man i cant wait until the 21st at the poor house bistro.man and i heard its going to be from 12 to 8 i hope i dont get tired.and one more thing i hope dominator can come through so that he can sign my uke

the new guy
12-13-2008, 11:35 AM
hey everyone cant wait for the next jam. i just found out that one of my videos was nominated for an UNDIE "BEST VIDEO OF AN ORIGINAL SONG"
DojoGuamBoy15 (& Ed) - "Lovely" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2gaD9oVv7M)
for those of u who were at the last jam i performed this song with my friend joe. so now im asking (BEGGING) that u all vote for this video.

http://ukeunderground.powweb.com/?page_id=3

THANKS GUYS SEE U AT THE NEXT JAM.