WTB or WTTF Vintage Tenor Guitar

marymac

Reaction score
Hi All -

I recently got Roy Smeck Vita Tenor Guitar from rbeetsme and I LOVE it! Love! I have the Vita tuned to DGBE and I'm looking for another one to tune standard tenor guitar tuning (CGDA).

Does anyone have a nice old tenor guitar they want to rehome? Not looking for laminates or something that needs a lot of repairs. Wear is fine. I have several ukes I'd be willing to trade or I could buy something outright if it's a decent price (up to maybe $800). Ukes to trade include:
  • Older Maui Music 6-string tenor (new tuners and strings)
  • Mya-moe Sycamore Tenor (mint condition #526)
  • Boat Paddle M-style Long Neck Soprano (Cocobolo Rosewood/Spruce - gloss finish)
  • Mainland Mahogany Baritone (gloss finish)

Let me know what you've got - thanks! - Mary

Last edited:
Your comment makes me want to go fix the back on the Favilla tenor guitar which I have. Now that it is warming up and drying out, I will resaw the old mahogany planks I have and sand them down for a new back. The sides ae mahogany and the top is cedar. Thank you for the encouragement!!

Ooo - never seen a Favilla tenor guitar, though I've played a baritone uke. Post pictures before and after your repair!

I've been really happy with my Tenor guitars.
I have two, an Ozark acoustic electric, which I use here:

and an Eastwood electric tenor guitar (Warren Ellis signature), which is fantastic!

Hope you find a really good vintage tenor guitar!

Thanks all! I have one tenor on it's way to me now and another soon (I hope). I'll let you know how it goes but no more offers at the moment.

Top Bottom