Recording Problem

ChamorroDT

Reaction score
I guess this goes in the singing thread? Because it deals with singing? But then again, I want to record myself playing the Ukulele AND sing, but there's no thread for recording stuff, so...Anyway, here I go

I use the program Adobe Audition...3? The newest one. I just got it, and I'm experiencing some..."recording lag"?

Whenever I record something, I notice that the time I stat singing and the time at when it shows up on the program is delayed by at least a 1 second or 1.5 seconds. I think it has something to do with..."buffer size"...or something, I'm not audio genius.

Anybody know how to deal with this problem?

Maybe it's taking up too much RAM? Should I try downgrading to Audition 2 or 1? Or using another audio program? If so, what do YOU people use?

Any kid of feedback would be great

I don't know this software, but the problem is called latency.

Record a click track on track 1. Play that out loud and record it onto track 2. measure the delay in seconds (a couple of decimal places will do). This gives you the delay or latency.

Go to preferences or options and look for the word "latency". Type in the number of seconds. That should cure the problem. It is hard to be more specific without having the software.

Let me know if it works.

KEN

So I went to the help section of Audition, and searched for latency - it really was no help. It described to me what latency is, but not how to solve my problem. Maybe I'll just aim for more RAM...or downgrade to lower version. Thanks for the help though.

If anyone else could offer some solutions though, that'd be great.

uuuuh get a new program!

i have FL studio 5 for making instrumental beats for hip hop and have recorded little vocal sections in which there is no lag time and sounds great! im currently wowrking on a Rap/ uke song should b SICK. let me no if u want the program and pm me with ur email and ill send a zip file.

When recording, it's important to keep a low hardware buffer size so that your computer's processing power isn't causing latency. Raise your buffer size when mixing so that you can have more power to handle the plug-ins/virtual instruments.

As far as what I use: Pro Tools LE, record with an mBox2 Pro

Yup, all great advice to fix your latency issue. I'd say:

*More RAM = better
*LOW buffer rate for minimal latency
*Decent Interface (preferably Firewire)
*Save projects to external hard drive

Collections of the British public bodies

The beautiful furniture painting "No. Mang Yong warships" is hidden in the British National Gallery, but also access to the Internet is about 200,000 public the list of paintings. Recently, BBC announced that the British public bodies 200,000 collection of paintings one by one onto the network, not only so, the British Arts Council Film huge archive will also be likely to be placed on the network. This plan is quite ambitious BBC Mark Thompson, BBC in London, the company introduced in 2009 in music, art, cultural aspects of the arrangements disclosed. This action or to restore the BBC during this period is reported as a result of refusal to grant the demands of humanitarian assistance in Gaza and invite criticism of the sky. In Britain there are many famous paintings, but the public does not always have the opportunity to see these works, 80% of the works not to be displayed. The BBC and the public directory of the Foundation together with all the public institutions of paintings in 2012 in the former onto the network, available to the public Admission is free. BBC said that they will be specifically for this setting effort in the BBC's official website (bbc.co.uk) established a new branch, called "Your painting" (Your Paintings), in this section of the public can look to and see to the British National Collection of oil paintings of all information. Public directory of the Foundation was established in 2003, the main task is to estimate that about 200,000 paintings archived video. At present the British public collection of paintings has been kept for the purpose of 30%. In addition, BBC revealed that it is and the British Arts Council representations to try to convince the British Arts Council the first time of its collection and archival material on the network is open free to the public, including the British Arts Council has a huge movie data, which can be traced back to the 1950s. Is expected before the end of next year the first batch of oil paintings in public collections online public display, all the work there is hope in all of 2012 before the Internet. BBC Mark Thompson said: "BBC will take a number of means to fulfill their responsibilities for the arts. As broadcast media, we can not assume that the media can be replaced by people with direct contact with works of art. But I deeply believe that if we can demonstrate the art of words, will be able to encourage more people to personally see to appreciate these arts. " In addition to oil paintings in public collections outside of the Internet show, BBC is also planning a series of related to art and culture activities, among people interested in this area, including a number of television and radio programs to link up the "Poetry of the season" and joint launch of the British Museum to see 100 exhibits like World Series broadcasts in February for next year's pre-exhibition of the same title, in addition to a series of master of the documentary is also planned.article come from : http://www.okokart.com

Top Bottom