Is this worth making an offer on?

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
Theres a neat little Banjolele on the local Clist out here, was thinking of making an offer on it, but was wondering if someone would throw their 2 cents in on if its a good deal or not.....totally unfamiliar with the make.
Looks cool though......heres the link to the ad...

http://toledo.craigslist.org/atq/2950739208.html

I sold one similar to this at Christmas for $125 Canadian. It was in perfect working order with new strings concert size gCEA. This one will be a wall hanger unless you can find a nice piece of maple for the missing bridge.
PS: The tuners are fussy also. If you are handy though it is no big problem. Also you may have to soak the skin and give it some TLC. A nice project for you if you can start at half the price.

Last edited:
You can get banjo uke bridges and new tuners from Elderly or Stewmac. Looks to be in not bad condition but if you can go look at it all the better to check condition. I agree with Jim, I'd offer him around half what he's asking.

Hmmmmmm. Start very low, you never know. Have seen some amazing bargains on craigslist. Some folks have an inflated sense of value, some underinflate. Rebuild/upgrade not rocket science. At the least, after it's fixed up, you'll get more than you put into it if careful.

100 bucks was where I was going to start based on a couple similar I saw on ebay. I wasnt sure if that was fair though, and maybe there was more to this than I was seeing. I hate to lowball anyone that much on CL. 1931Jim thanks!! didnt even notice the missing bridge!!!

This banjo ukulele looks pretty nice - but I don't know the maker at all. If it somewhat of a generic maker I would say it is worth between $80 & $150 (US). If it has all its hardware it is probably worth a minimum of $100. I have an old banjo ukulele purchased from eBay and it cost about $150 and the setup and case cost and additional $100. It's now a pretty good player. Good luck.

Top Bottom