WTB: Mya-Moe Soprano - Myrtle or Mango

ukuraleigh

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Mya-Moe soprano Tradition. The waiting list is a long one, so thought I'd do a quick check and see if anyone has one they wish to sell.

Cheers!

ukuraleigh,

I'm doing the same thing except I'm hunting a tenor. How long you going to search one before laying down your deposit - the waiting list isn't getting any shorter is it? You know what's going to happen, don't you? As soon as we pay our deposits, eight people with Mya-Moe sopranos and tenors in mango and myrtle will send us messages ;)

PS I'm in Winston-Salem and have a daughter going to NC State.

ukuraleigh,

I'm doing the same thing except I'm hunting a tenor. How long you going to search one before laying down your deposit - the waiting list isn't getting any shorter is it? You know what's going to happen, don't you? As soon as we pay our deposits, eight people with Mya-Moe sopranos and tenors in mango and myrtle will send us messages ;)

PS I'm in Winston-Salem and have a daughter going to NC State.

I'm just going to give it a couple of days, before going ahead.

Go Pack! ;)

Nothing to sell, but just throwing in my two cents... I really like the Mya-Moe set-up, as far as the ordering process. For starters, they're top notch instruments and top notch people in my experience. At just $300 for the deposit, my advice would be to put in an order, and also keep your eyes open in the marketplace. If you have the scratch now for one, then snatch it up. The wait list is so far out that I'd think anyone with cash on hand could additionally save more by the completion date to pay that off, too. That way you could figure what you like about it, and maybe change up your options and then have two awesome instruments when it's all said and done. I don't know, I'm not saying three hundred bucks is cheap, but if you're in this high(er) end market, it's something to consider.

Nothing to sell, but just throwing in my two cents... I really like the Mya-Moe set-up, as far as the ordering process. For starters, they're top notch instruments and top notch people in my experience. At just $300 for the deposit, my advice would be to put in an order, and also keep your eyes open in the marketplace. If you have the scratch now for one, then snatch it up. The wait list is so far out that I'd think anyone with cash on hand could additionally save more by the completion date to pay that off, too. That way you could figure what you like about it, and maybe change up your options and then have two awesome instruments when it's all said and done. I don't know, I'm not saying three hundred bucks is cheap, but if you're in this high(er) end market, it's something to consider.

That's definitely food for thought, thanks!

I didn't realize the deposit was refundable. Under what conditions? Obviously, I would assume if work has started all bets are off. Thanks

I didn't realize the deposit was refundable. Under what conditions? Obviously, I would assume if work has started all bets are off. Thanks

yeah, it's refundable up until the start of the build...no conditions. that would still give you near on 6 months to change your mind and that's a darn long time, eh. Very awesome people there at Mya Moe no doubt. They know how to do customer service as well or better than anyone

I asked Char about their refund policy. They allow you to get your deposit back, but it costs them time & money (card processing fees) when you simply ask them for it to be returned. I get the impression that they're hoping you'd honor your commitment unless you face financial difficulty of some sort.

Char and Gordon have been awesome in answering my questions and helping me select the right wood set. I want to return that favor, so I have placed my deposit and will no longer be looking for a used Mya-Moe. Instead, I'll patiently wait for my chocolate heart mango soprano traditions uke to be finished sometime at the end of November. :)

ukuraleigh,

Cool beans! I went ahead and placed a deposit as well. Mine will start a day before yours. I haven't decided on woods and such yet, so I don't have a tracking number yet, but I've narrowed it down to mango and myrtle. Just curious, is the wood pictured on your uketracker site the actual wood that will be used in building your uke - in other words, do they pick it out this early and simply put it back somewhere with your name on it until ready to build, or is that a stock picture?

ukuraleigh,

Cool beans! I went ahead and placed a deposit as well. Mine will start a day before yours. I haven't decided on woods and such yet, so I don't have a tracking number yet, but I've narrowed it down to mango and myrtle. Just curious, is the wood pictured on your uketracker site the actual wood that will be used in building your uke - in other words, do they pick it out this early and simply put it back somewhere with your name on it until ready to build, or is that a stock picture?

That is the actual wood. Char was great in working with me to find the wood before I placed my deposit. We looked at about 9 sets and that was the clear winner. :)

That is just plain cool! Beautiful wood choice. Congrats!

WTB also---Mya Moe soprano

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Mya-Moe soprano Tradition. The waiting list is a long one, so thought I'd do a quick check and see if anyone has one they wish to sell.

Cheers!

In the same boat....not sure I can wait that long!

My mya moe Koa tenor tradition is the best sounding tenor I own. I have a matching super soprano coming in August. Good choice. I think the traditions are a particularly good choice and bargain (although this Is slightly less true now since tradition prices went up more than classics, I think).

Mya moes have slightly smaller bodies than most ukes of the same reported size(eg tenor), and I have heard some did not like this. I sure did...the tenor just feels right to me. But, it is one thing to keep in mind.

You'll enjoy them.

Top Bottom