New Fluke Day!

nix

Reaction score
First the confession... yesterday was actually new Fluke day but by the time I got home from work, let the box acclimate to the temperature inside the house, opened the box and starting playing there was no time for posting :eek:

My new hibiscus-shaped soundhole concert Fluke with a walnut soundboard, walnut fretboard, walnut neck and PegHed tuners arrived yesterday. I had Flea Market Music string it with low G black Fremont strings. She sounds lovely and has subtle deep undertones. I'm excited for the strings to stretch so I can really hear how she sounds.

I also found a great gig bag. I don't really like the gig bags that Flea Market Music makes for Fleas and Flukes. They don't open all the way and they aren't very form fitted. I picked up a soft-sided Lanikai gig bag in the tribal print. It's the concert size and it fits the concert Fluke pretty much perfectly. It's hard to tell from the picture because the lining is all black and you can't see how well it fits. If you're looking for a gig bag for a Fluke make sure to try out the Lanikai - you can get them from Elderly Instruments and Sweetwater Music and probably lots of other places.

IMG_0960.jpgIMG_0962.jpgIMG_0963.jpg

So happy!

Nix

Last edited:
That's a beautiful uke. Glad to see Pegheds on it!

You are getting the best of both worlds, the ruggedness of the plastic body, with the beauty, and quality of all that walnut, and of course the Pegheds. Love it! It really elevates the instrument to a whole new level. Enjoy it! :shaka::music:

Congrats! I love Flukes!

Congratulations! I've never played a Fluke, but one of the gals in our club has one, and she really likes it. It has a way different sound from mine...

Congratulations! That hibiscus soundhole is sweet.

Yes, the Hibiscus soundhole uke is one of the most beautiful Fluke designs out there. Of course, there's one other I'm partial to......

Thanks for all the kind words!

Olarte - I really like the PegHeds. Wish I had them on all of my ukes. I had them put on my Flea and knew I would want them on my Fluke. As an aside, do you have any idea how to loosen the tension on one? The website says to gently pull out to loosen the tension but it doesn't seem to be working and I'm afraid to pull hard and damage it. The e string peg is almost painfully hard to turn.

RevWill - The Fluke in your signature is gorgeous! I can see why you're partial to that design.

Nix

RevWill - The Fluke in your signature is gorgeous! I can see why you're partial to that design.

Nix

Well, I kinda gave Dale the idea for a Kente fabric pattern Fluke. Tiki King designed it, but the idea came from me. So it's special to me.

Top Bottom